Respected Contributor

Re: “❤️🙏🏻PLEASE REMEMBER🙏🏻❤️“

My prayers for love, comfort, healing and strength through faith continue for all the victims' survivors, and those who were forced to witness the devastating loss of life at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. 

DBD59591-6085-43CF-B58E-A3D5A18CB6BE.gif

May hearts and minds be transformed in the memory of these and so many other precious souls. 🙏

Trusted Contributor

Ignorance breeds fear.  Fear breeds hatred.  Generalizations and especially created stereotypes about groups of people breeds hatred as well.  People should make every effort to learn about others who are different from them.  They will find out they are not so different after all. That we are all just people with the same hopes and dreams.

Yes WORDS MATTER..

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

Thank you for reading. I will carry that within my very soul for many years. I have not been back-here- or any other thread, but once, until this very moment.

In my heart I have cried many tears in thanksgiving that He chose me to carry the burden to have the courage to write about this situational emotion that I felt, another post. Maybe, to this time no one either knew or posted back.

I will never understand . 

It was like a shark attack to me, when I heard, then posted that very day.

The cords of each death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me, the snares of death confronted me.

I appreciated your hearted reply.

NAES

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I also think this hatred and bias begins at home. It’s so important to discuss this with our children/grandchildren in a non-frightening way so they understand how some people don’t understand differences in other people’s beliefs. Instead of trying to learn about other cultures, some people fear it and they act out in a way that’s dangerous, hurtful and not acceptable.

My GDs 9 and 6 understood this. They were afraid to go to Sunday School. They called me to see if they’d be safe because they’re Jewish, too. Broke my heart. 

I hate what this world has come to and done to the children.  Save the children!  if we don't and we don't raise them correctly, the end of mankind is at hand.  jmho

Esteemed Contributor

For years, I was stunned as I traveled in Europe and saw synagogues protected by armed guards, or sealed with huge locks. I didn’t think that would happen in the US. We were the shining city on the hill that welcomed people of all creeds. I was wrong. Still, I hope that we can find a way to bring out our better angels. Words do matter.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If we need armed guards at our houses of worship, then do we really have freedom of religion. I also am terrified to put my menorah in the window this Chanuka as one of the only Jews  in the neighborhood. I trust my neighbors but.........you never know when some 'fine people' may pass by.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @NAES1, I hope all is well with you and your family.  We are all doing ok here.

I wanted to reply to you and want you to know I did not see any thread that you started on this subject.  Otherwise, I certainly would have replied.  Please do not be hurt by this.

I am certainly glad to express my opinions on this subject.  Like you and everyone else, how can you begin to process hate and violence to innocent people?  And in America?  It is meant to create terror, and it surely does.  I know when to stop, lest I be “deleted.”

I am slowly reading “Fascism, A Warning” by Madeleine Albright.  I say slowly, as I find it so upsetting.  I think some folks skipped World History along the way, but I am not one.  I try to think of those eleven dear souls wrapped in God’s arms. 

All my my best to you, my old friend. 

Pam

Honored Contributor

Image result for candles religious zen with roses gif

Sending prayers of comfort for all members of the Tree of LIfe Synagogue. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

If we need armed guards at our houses of worship, then do we really have freedom of religion. I also am terrified to put my menorah in the window this Chanuka as one of the only Jews  in the neighborhood. I trust my neighbors but.........you never know when some 'fine people' may pass by.

@reiki604  I know how you feel. When my DD lived outside of DC, it was a very diverse community. She never felt comfortable putting her menorah in the window. Stinks, huh? 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Shanus

Thank you for reading. I will carry that within my very soul for many years. I have not been back-here- or any other thread, but once, until this very moment.

In my heart I have cried many tears in thanksgiving that He chose me to carry the burden to have the courage to write about this situational emotion that I felt, another post. Maybe, to this time no one either knew or posted back.

I will never understand . 

It was like a shark attack to me, when I heard, then posted that very day.

The cords of each death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me, the snares of death confronted me.

I appreciated your hearted reply.

NAES

@NAES1  So many threads have now been removed. I looked back to read your post and cannot find it. 💕