Respected Contributor

“❤️🙏🏻PLEASE REMEMBER🙏🏻❤️“

[ Edited ]
“WORDS MATTER”....... There is true, unadulterated evil in this world - my heart is broken over the news of this monstrous Pittsburgh shooting. I am praying - may God guide all of us personally and as Americans.... there is NO PLACE for hatred of any kind, any place, any where. Our thoughts and prayers are with each family who lost loved ones in the shooting on Saturday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. All of them middle-aged or elderly. The victims included a pair of brothers and a husband and wife. The oldest was 97. -Joyce Fienberg, 75, of Oakland, City of Pittsburgh -Richard Gottfried, 65, of Ross Township -Rose Mallinger, 97, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, of Edgewood Borough -Cecil Rosenthal, 59, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -David Rosenthal, 54, (brother of Cecil), of Squirrel Hill -Bernice Simon, 84, of Wilkinsburg -Sylvan Simon, 86, (husband of Bernice), of Wilkinsburg -Daniel Stein, 71, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Melvin Wax, 88, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Irving Younger, 69, of Mt. Washington, City of Pittsburgh
Trusted Contributor

Re: “❤️🙏🏻PLEASE REMEMBER🙏🏻❤️“..................

Your words are so true.  Judy Valente was on my local npr station discussing her book on St. Benedict.  I'll try to paraphrase her comments about our verbal interactions: is it true, helpful, kind, or needed; not exactly verbatim but the core ideas suggest mindfulness about our words.  Her discussion has stuck with me to the extent that I want to read her book and St. Benedict's words and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: “❤️🙏🏻PLEASE REMEMBER🙏🏻❤️“..................

Thank you for this post.  Like so many, I can't wrap my head around hateful thought and rhetoric.  It's a lesson for all of us to be super-vigilant.  Yet another horror show, and I feel so terribly for the victims and their families and friends.  And for our country, which I am struggling to recognize. 

Respected Contributor

Re: “❤️🙏🏻PLEASE REMEMBER🙏🏻❤️“

I’ve been bursting into tears unexpectedly thinking of the evil and hate-  Two pieces of advice I saw that helps. Remember Tikun Olam,’, Hebrew for repair the world (insert next Tuesday’s date). And Fred Rodgers’ Mother said of horrible situations, ‘ Remembers there were many helpers, and this will give you hope’. Example, the Muslim community raised $120,000 to help!  💝

Honored Contributor

So true.  You're pretty much preaching to the choir here since the ones that are evil and have no morals won't change their minds and many don't think they are endorsing and promoting the hate!

Honored Contributor

I also think this hatred and bias begins at home. It’s so important to discuss this with our children/grandchildren in a non-frightening way so they understand how some people don’t understand differences in other people’s beliefs. Instead of trying to learn about other cultures, some people fear it and they act out in a way that’s dangerous, hurtful and not acceptable.

My GDs 9 and 6 understood this. They were afraid to go to Sunday School. They called me to see if they’d be safe because they’re Jewish, too. Broke my heart. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, My heart breaks for you.  Little children who must be told there are some evil people out there who could want to hurt them.  Called the death of innocence.

I agree some are taught to hate.  Others, I truly believe, just want to hate.  In their warped minds, they believe their lives would be perfect without "the other."  All their problems are blamed on them.  Morally corrupt, mentally deficient.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, My heart breaks for you.  Little children who must be told there are some evil people out there who could want to hurt them.  Called the death of innocence.

I agree some are taught to hate.  Others, I truly believe, just want to hate.  In their warped minds, they believe their lives would be perfect without "the other."  All their problems are blamed on them.  Morally corrupt, mentally deficient.  

@PamfromCT  It was the most difficult talk I’ve had w/ them. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus@I hope you assured them they are safe.That crazy sick man is in jail and won’t be getting out ever.I don’t think it is good for children to learn about hatred and fear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
“WORDS MATTER”....... There is true, unadulterated evil in this world - my heart is broken over the news of this monstrous Pittsburgh shooting. I am praying - may God guide all of us personally and as Americans.... there is NO PLACE for hatred of any kind, any place, any where. Our thoughts and prayers are with each family who lost loved ones in the shooting on Saturday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. All of them middle-aged or elderly. The victims included a pair of brothers and a husband and wife. The oldest was 97. -Joyce Fienberg, 75, of Oakland, City of Pittsburgh -Richard Gottfried, 65, of Ross Township -Rose Mallinger, 97, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, of Edgewood Borough -Cecil Rosenthal, 59, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -David Rosenthal, 54, (brother of Cecil), of Squirrel Hill -Bernice Simon, 84, of Wilkinsburg -Sylvan Simon, 86, (husband of Bernice), of Wilkinsburg -Daniel Stein, 71, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Melvin Wax, 88, of Squirrel Hill, City of Pittsburgh -Irving Younger, 69, of Mt. Washington, City of Pittsburgh

*____________________ @Naturesbeauty

I had mentioned this two days ago, on October 28th, 2018 on another thread because this had shocked me very much.

No, I'll ever become desensitize to these insane shooting.

I saw the usual everyday (another thread) post

' BE HAPPY' type card posting, and always enjoyed most of those...~~ as kindness, as a typical INTRO....and then asked: how can anyone be happy after reading this- I believe NO ONE actually -- knew about this, but I do keep up with the current news. 

I felt totally lost OUT THERE. No one replied, and if anyone did, I know zero about it.

Thank you for this notice and for releasing some information of this horrific tragedy.  I never saw any other posting in ref: to this, so closed off.  I am so sorry for the loss of all families / loved ones.

May be that it was posted? I never saw it, here.

This was something that will take me a very long time to soften the loss of many lives. Thank you, again.