Esteemed Contributor

8 oz remoist....too tight caps?

Anyone else have this problem? Two of mine arrived the other day and still can't open them. My husband even tried and I took one of those jar openers to them and still can't open them.
Honored Contributor

Re: 8 oz remoist....too tight caps?

Here are a few things you might try:

* Being careful of your hands, hold the jar under hot running water.

* Using the triangled end of a manual bottle/can opener, place the point under the jar lid and lift a little to break the seal.

* Using a wooden spoon, tap several times around the side of the cap. Go all the way around a couple of times.

Contributor

You aren't alone, mine was very difficult to open too!
Contributor

Mine was too & the seal was stubborn! I've wondered why all these bottles, jars, & clam shells have to be so difficult. My mother had rheumatoid arthritis & I empathize with what she had to deal with. I guess it all goes back to the Tylenol sabotage in the 80's?

Regular Contributor

Just had a battle opening up the fig. I tried, my mother tried, and my father tried to open it by hand. My mom got one of the manual jar openers, it flew out of that landed on the floor, and then the lid finally twisted open.

So just drop it on the floor and see if that loosens up the lid.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks girls, I was just wondering if it was just mine. Still not open yet, waiting for DD to leave for work so I could continue my battle with them. The last thing I need is having her get her eyes on them lol. She used a whole 4 oz. jar on her head once!
Regular Contributor

On 3/22/2014 beaches21 said: Thanks girls, I was just wondering if it was just mine. Still not open yet, waiting for DD to leave for work so I could continue my battle with them. The last thing I need is having her get her eyes on them lol. She used a whole 4 oz. jar on her head once!

I edited my response to say a good drop on the floor might loosen it.

Super Contributor

I didn't order that, but I know when I have a hard time opening a jar, if you try putting on a pair of dish washing rubber gloves you can get a better grip on jars. I know the older I get, it's harder for me to get a grip on jars to loosen the lids.
Respected Contributor

My was a beast to open! I finally ran it under hot water and then used my rubber gloves to ensure a strong grip.

Trusted Contributor

OMG! I thought I needed my spinach or something...hubby tried and finally got it open for me.
#IAmTeamWen