Esteemed Contributor

How/when do you make yours? What products do you add, when do you add them (when you get a new CC, when your current CC is too low to pump, etc.)? How do you mix the contents?

Any suggestions and advice is very welcome!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

The too low to pump here. I use the pump to mix the CC together otherwise it just stays in layers.

On edit.

You will have a small amount left in the pump itself, which I also add into my designated frankenbottle. I read a tip on one of the other threads about how saving the pumps is a good idea, in case you break one or if you get a damage one.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Woody! I have been saving the caps to turn the bottles upside down, but didn't think to save the pumps {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

I don't usually mix the different scents together. I may dump a pom into another pom bottle or a tt into another tt, but most times I just put the lid back on and turn it upside down in my shower and dump into my hand when I'm ready to cleanse.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Super Contributor

I will combine the scents that I am not fond of into one for a shaving bottle. The CCs that I use regularly I will combine into each other after a new bottle has room for the previous bottle.

I use these couplers to combine bottles.

Super Contributor

I've been too busy lately to do the Franken bottle, now if I had those couplers I just might. For now I am just saving the caps and turning them upside down and giving it a good shake, then I fill with water and use everything up to the last drop.

I like the Franken bottle best when I am trying to mask a scent I don't like, I did a lot of this with FAS!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/21/2014 KMBSAB said:

I will combine the scents that I am not fond of into one for a shaving bottle. The CCs that I use regularly I will combine into each other after a new bottle has room for the previous bottle.

I use these couplers to combine bottles.

Thanks for the reminder on the couplers. When I tried to transfer a small amount of Fig from 12 ounce bottle to a new 32 ounce bottle, things got messy.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/21/2014 Treeinwind said:

I've been too busy lately to do the Franken bottle, now if I had those couplers I just might. For now I am just saving the caps and turning them upside down and giving it a good shake, then I fill with water and use everything up to the last drop.

I like the Franken bottle best when I am trying to mask a scent I don't like, I did a lot of this with FAS!

I have yet to add water to a CC that's low in the bottle. I think I will dilute it too much.

I think Fig and 613 would make an awesome Frankenbottle!

Valued Contributor
On 3/21/2014 Treeinwind said:

I’ve been forgetting to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

From Chaz

10. When I get to the bottom of the bottle, the pump seems to stop working. How do I fix this?
We suggest adding some distilled or bottled water and shake to mix thoroughly. Use a couple of extra pumps to make up for the slight dilution of the cleanser.

Regular Contributor

The only "frankenbottle" I ever made was a CA & TT.

I always save the caps from the bottles, When the cc gets too low to pump, I remove the pump, re-cap the bottle & turn it upside down. I keep the upside down bottle in a big coffee mug. When I need it, I just open & squeeze what I need.