Super Contributor

Volumizing Treatment Spray vs Replenishing Treatment Mist

I am looking for the basic difference between these two product any thoughts?

Super Contributor

Re: Volumizing Treatment Spray vs Replenishing Treatment Mist

I believe the biggest difference is that VTS has hold and RTM does not. RTM is meant to just freshen the hair and treat it whereas VTS is more of a ""styling product."" HTH!

Respected Contributor

You can use the VTS while hair is still wet, then you can't spray it when dry if you like as a hair spray. It has hold without crunchiness.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

VTS is more like hair spray, RTM is more of a very light leave in conditioner - or at least that's the way it acts on my hair. Sometimes I spray a bit on my hands to smooth frizzies (hat hair), or spritz my ends (which are super dry right now, as it's been almost a year since I have had a hair cut - decided to grow it out for locks of love and am getting the big cut on Thursday).

Michele

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies I purchased the RTM in 613 and in Gardenia I'll use it on my skin not my hair it's too heavy. Now that I have a clearer understanding I'll go back and purchase the other.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 theatrebiz said:

VTS is more like hair spray, RTM is more of a very light leave in conditioner - or at least that's the way it acts on my hair. Sometimes I spray a bit on my hands to smooth frizzies (hat hair), or spritz my ends (which are super dry right now, as it's been almost a year since I have had a hair cut - decided to grow it out for locks of love and am getting the big cut on Thursday).

Yes. And the VTS has a lot of SD alcohol in it, where the RTM does not have SD alcohol at all and has skincare ingredients. You wouldn't want to use the VTS on your face.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Yes. And the VTS has a lot of SD alcohol in it, where the RTM does not have SD alcohol at all and has skincare ingredients. You wouldn't want to use the VTS on your face.

oh my gosh yes, don't use this on your face! lol! Just and fyi, SD alcohol is the drying type of alcohol.

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

oh my gosh yes, don't use this on your face! lol! Just and fyi, SD alcohol is the drying type of alcohol.

Happydaze not to worry I just wanted to know why the RTM was not holding my hair and why it was weighed down. Thank you mystery solved. I enjoy using RTM 613 on my face before and after to set my make up but not on my hair.

Respected Contributor

Michele

Kuddos to you for donating your hair. That is awesome! My mom passed away from breast cancer. It always means a lot to me when people donate their hair. Thank you for caring enough to do it.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2014 txrose said:
On 3/17/2014 HappyDaze said:

Happydaze not to worry I just wanted to know why the RTM was not holding my hair and why it was weighed down. Thank you mystery solved. I enjoy using RTM 613 on my face before and after to set my make up but not on my hair.

I haven't used RTM on my hair successfully either. I use the VTS regularly and it makes a difference, but the usefulness of the RTM is a mystery to me.