Frequent Contributor

Third time's the charm? Here's hoping...

Just bought the SOB trio and hoping that the third try of WEN will be successful. It's been too heavy/ buildup and I had some hair loss with it. But gosh, seeing those models and their shiny hair makes me want to try it again. Who here uses a mix of regular shampoo and WEN?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Third time's the charm? Here's hoping...

Quite a few people use it that way. There was a thread on that a few months back.

It took me a few months of trial and error with different Wen products before I found what worked.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I'm in the same boat. I will most probably end up rotating it with what I do now, but that's ok with me.....it just means my Wen will last longer!

Respected Contributor

I started with WEN in November 2013, just using it as a leave-in, and once a week deep conditioner. In January, I got brave enough to use it as a cleanser and love it! Believe me, I was skeptical...but it works for me. Now it's all I use.

Start slow. If you do decide to cleanse with it, be sure to use enough water to froth it up and scrub your scalp really well with the pads of your fingers. It takes more water than what I consider a "splash". I actually swing my head under the the shower, work it in, then swing it under again and work it some more. Rinse, rinse, rinse til your hair squeaks, then rinse a bit more. Use your fingers and a wide-tooth comb during the rinse. The WEN comb is really good for this.

Also, be sure you use enough WEN for your hair type/length. I'd start with the highest number of pumps recommended for your length. Once you get the "feel" of it, you may be able to cut back on the pumps, but only do it one at a time.

Sorry if I'm telling you what you already know!

Super Contributor

I think croemer does this - you might page her for her advice too! Good luck

Honored Contributor

I do! I can not use just WEN it makes my hair greasy and weighed down. I use reg.shampoo for the first wash and WEN for the 2nd wash...more as a conditioner. I then towel dry my hair befors blow drying and add about 1 pump of WEN as a leave in. The leave in really helps my super straight, med thickness, med. length oily hair from frizzy in the high humidity I live in. I found this works best for my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 TheKateMeister said:

I think croemer does this - you might page her for her advice too! Good luck Smile

Hi Kate...sure do! I do as the other poster says...use the right amount of WEN for my length of hair(just past my collar bone...about 25-30 pumps) and add lots of water until it is very creamy while rubbing WEN into my hair. I let it set for 3-4 minutes as I go about washing and shaving and then I rinse,,,rinse to remove the WEN...then as I said towel dry my hair and add about 1 pump as a leave in from my ears down. I then add a volumizer and a bit of Macadamia oil from my ears down as well... blow dry and set with hot rollers. My hair is bouncy...full and super shiny. My DH always mentions how pretty my hair is since using WEN. I have no idea why this works for me but it does.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

It took me trial and error to find the right method for me and I have found the best system now for my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**