Trusted Contributor

Priming for Remoist treatment?

When I do a Remoist treatment, I do a single cleanse, prime with 3 pumps CC (adding NO water), then apply the Remoist. Is this correct--not adding a splash of water to the CC used for primer or to the Remoist? Thanks!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: Priming for Remoist treatment?

I don't add water. I cleanse my hair, rinse it out, and add 1-2 pumps of cc. I wring out most of the water and then add the remoist. I put my hair in a turbie so it doesn't drip.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

Awesome, that is what I do! I forgot to specify but I do rinse between the first cleanse and primer. Thanks!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I do it different, I don't apply to soaking wet hair, I do towel blot , then I uses a couple of pumps off cc and some re moist and just mix those up in my hand and put it on my hair. I tried it both ways putting it on very wet hair and I couldn't tell any difference the next day when I rinsed it out. If I do mix the re moist with any CC it's usually 613, or I just use it by itself since I do have a good supply.
Respected Contributor

I'd be interested in more answers to this, bc I do both cleanses and then prime and add remoist. My hair does have most of the moisture while I remoist because I may wring it a little, but I don't blot it at all. I just clip it on top. Maybe I am doing too much. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I've never primed. I mainly used the remoist as a leave in and I added it to wet hair (wrung out), not soaking wet hair. That worked best for me.

Honored Contributor

I do a single cleanse, usually with CA because it's the most clarifying. Then I blot the excess water off my hair and scalp with an old cotton t-shirt. After that, I apply the re-moist to my hair and scalp. Then I sleep in it overnight and cleanse the excess out the following morning.

Yvonne, from Chaz's salon, told me that some of the oils (regular, as well as essential) do penetrate the hairshaft. So I don't prime my hair with CC because I want to get the full effect of the re-moist.

Additionally, sometimes I will do an overnight 613 CC hair & scalp treatment. 613 CC has a number of skin care treatment ingredients in it as well as the amino acid complex (building blocks of protein). The ingredients listings for the re-moist and the 613 CC are quite different. So I feel I'm getting the best of both worlds by alternating these overnight treatments.

This is a really interesting thread because everyone seems to have their own way of applying the re-moist.

-- bebe Smile

Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2014 HappyDaze said:

I've never primed. I mainly used the remoist as a leave in and I added it to wet hair (wrung out), not soaking wet hair. That worked best for me.

HD, I used the remoist treatment today following the oil treatment I did last night. You know that shine we were talking about? Well, this made it pretty close for me. This is the most shine I have had in awhile. I have been using a lot of cc's with amino acids lately, so my hair was a little dry. This week, I have been sticking with wheat based only. The moisture was already coming back to my hair, but this oil/remoist treatment just put it over the top. I used tea tree for the first cleanse and Sam for the second cleanse prior to my sam remoist. Just thought I would share. I think you will remember why you love the remoist once you get yours. It really is a super product. I'm glad I got the 8 oz. CA remoist.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the replies with the great suggestions on different ways Remoist works for you. I appreciate it!
Honored Contributor

I wanted to bring this thread back up because we've been talking a lot about how we use the remoist. It was really interesting to read about different routines people have for their overnight remoist treatments.

And now that we've gotten a super-sized 8oz. remoist (or two... or even three), with that ever so fabulous Wen comb, these days everyone's doin' it!!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.devil2} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}