Frequent Contributor

What does everyone think of the Bamboo formula?

My favorite formula is usually Tea Tree. But now that I see the Bamboo offered in a 32 oz in a TSV I've been considering trying Bamboo. I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are pertaining to the formula.

Honored Contributor

Re: What does everyone think of the Bamboo formula?

I liked the scent but it was drying to my hair. My hair likes moisture and it did not provide enough moisture. I suppose it depends on your hair type if it will work for you.

Contributor

I adore the scent, but like HD mentioned it is drying for my hair too. I found that mixing it together with Fig for my 2nd cleanse brings out the best in both formulas.
Trusted Contributor

I love the scent, but the formula was very drying to my hair and made the ends (shampoo hair) very tangly. It is favorite for several people, though.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

BGT is my favorite & I ordered 2 TSV's. Drying usually comes from product build up a tablespoon of ACV will clear up the problem.

Regular Contributor

Love it ! Leaves my hair smooth with no frizz. For me it is not drying at all but I usually do the first cleanse with TT and the second with bamboo green tea. My hair is not colored or permed and feels great with this combination. Also love love love the scent!!
Valued Contributor

I love BGT. The scent is very nice, not to perfumery. And this formula, for me, is different than all the others. It leaves my hair stronger, no fly always and somehow thicker. My go toos are pom and Sam. But bgt will be added to my core. However the only draw back is in 3 weeks I used it twice and saw so much growth I had to dye my roots early! But I do love what is does for my hair.
Respected Contributor

I don't hate the scent, but it is something I can definitely live without in the sense that it doesn't make me feel luxuriant at all. It smells like shampoo. It is way too drying to my hair, so I am using up the 16oz on my face, alternating with Peter Thomas Roth. That works out fine, but I won't buy more Bamboo CC.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your responses

Maybe I should stick with the Tea Tree since my hair already runs on the dry side.

Respected Contributor

I like the bamboo green tea. It seems to smooth my hair really well, but at the same time giving my hair some bounce. It smells great.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!