Occasional Contributor

Cranberry Mint drying for anyone?

I'm a long-time Wen user but having trouble with my hair this winter feeling/looking dryer than usual. I'm blaming it on the Cran-Mint I've been using for the last month or so. I'm a devoted FIg user who bought into a winter special, now kicking myself! Tomorrow I'm back on totally Fig! Anyone having the same issues with the cranberry flavor? Maybe the dry Winter heat has something to do with it, although our furnace has a humidifier?
Contributor

Re: Cranberry Mint drying for anyone?

Sorry you're finding WCM so drying. Fig is my staple too as I need tons of moisture. What has been working is always Fig 1st cleanse and then alternating Fig and WCM for 2nd. Mostly use WCM as a leave in but will add Fig as well if the air is especially dry. Good luck. I think WCM is the most moisturing of all the seasonals so far.
Respected Contributor

Is the Winter scent the first soy-based CC you've used? If so, that could explain it. Or the extra amino acids added to the seasonals could be too much protein (or not the right protein/moisture balance) for your hair. As much as I love the scents of the seasonals, my hair doesnt love them. I have to stick with Fig & CA for my hair to stay nice.
Respected Contributor

WCM is not the most moisturizing by a long shot. I tend to use more oil when I have used it so I ordered another WCM oil. I use it, but sandwich it between clean sings with more moisturizing CCs. That said, I always use oils several nights a week, especially with forced air on during the winter.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

I do find WCM to be drying. The method I am finding that works best for me when using a more drying formula is to use that first cleanse, and something more moisturizing (fig or TT) second cleanse and for leave-in.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I found WCM to be drying, too. FAS, on the other hand, was my perfect formula.

Super Contributor

Yes, it was drying, but I find a few of the soy based seasonals drying. I think for me it depends on the rest of the seasonal ingredients. I found the winter Vanilla mint very moisturizing and I do like the fall ginger pumpkin and the fall apple spice, both are okay on my hair, but none of the other seasonals have worked for me. I was also not a fan of the WCM scent.
Respected Contributor

I use the cranberry and then follow up with fig as a leave-in and that works for me.

Respected Contributor

I don't find WCM particularly drying, but I usually mix it with FIG so that is probably why.

Regular Contributor

I really don't - I find it just the right amount of moisture and fullness. Shine too - loves it!