Esteemed Contributor

For those who make their own spray bottles to refresh their hair, what ingredients do you use?

If you don't make your own spray bottles, no need to to tell me that.

Thanks in advance!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 12/24/2013 jaxs mom said:

You mean the replenishing treatment mist?

6 oz water
4 pumps Cleansing Conditioner
2 pumps Styling Cream
3-4 drops of oil

eta: The recipe is based on the 6/16 oz bottle of CC

Someone had asked about Chaz's RTM recipe and I came across this thread.

-- bebe

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks bebe!

I just ordered the Lavender Mint Treatment Oil to use with my leave-in, so I'll try it in my next spray bottle.

Respected Contributor
On 12/26/2013 RespectLife said:
On 12/25/2013 kesstrain said: For the DIY mist, make sure to use warm water and shake it really well or else the CC won't emulsify and will just sit on the bottom and clog up the spray. Also, my hair tends to be on the dry side so I add the oil to my (regular) mist b/c it doesn't really give me enough moisture. I have been thinking about outing the oil in a spray bottle as well b/c when I do my oil treatments, I hate having to put it in my hands in order to cover my length.

My hair is dryer too! So you add WEN oil to your RTM spray? I would love to do that! About how much do you add??

Also...you spoke about 'outing the oil in a spray bottle'....would you kindly clarify? Would you just put the oil in a sprayer or do you have to mix it w/ something?

I, too, would love to have the oil or the Glossing Serum in a spray formulation that I could just mist on.

Ojon used to make a finishing Glossing Serum Spray that was fantastic! Long gone and I am looking for a good way to use my WEN to spray some oil or serum on!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Not kesstrain, but "outing" = "putting", thanks to autocorrect Smiley Wink I wanted to take some SMC oil on vacation with me, but not take my whole 4oz bottle. I put some oil in one of my million little (empty) 2oz RTM bottles I have lying around. It sprayed out great to put in my hair or on my hands to add to lotion, etc. I also make my own version of homemade RTM with warm water, CC, and oil (no SC because I find it drying in my hair). I don't like the premade RTMs, they feel sticky and do nothing for my hair. But my version is very hydrating Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

WenGirl, thanks for posting that! I plan on adding oil and Fig to a future bottle (no SC), so it's good to know in advance the oil will hydrate my hair even more.

Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks bebe!

I just ordered the Lavender Mint Treatment Oil to use with my leave-in, so I'll try it in my next spray bottle.

HonnyBrown, you're most welcome. I hope the LAV RTM is a winner. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I just came across another RTM thread with variations on this recipe which I've moved up:

Help on RTM Recipe

Enjoy!!!

-- bebe Smile