Regular Contributor
I don't know if I missed this in previous shows, but this past visit I heard Chaz talk about "pushing" the CC into the hair. I have to say that I am shocked at how much of a difference this makes. My ends would start to look dry and dull a few hours after my hair dried and I would always have to add some more CC and oil several times until my next wash. I started spending a good minute pushing the CC into my ends (in second cleanse and leave in and the problem is basically gone. I can't believe how much of a difference this makes and that I didn't know about it for the last 5 years!
Honored Contributor

Re: Squeezing product into hair

On 12/23/2013 bebe777 said:

kesstrain, this was also the first time I had heard Chaz talk about pushing the leave-in CC into the ends of the hair. I'm wondering if this was a new tip he had recently come up with.

I have shoulder length hair which grows really quickly (due to using the TT CC and oil). I don't have a problem with dry ends because I seem to cut my hair every 3-6 weeks, so I haven't been pushing the CC leave-in into the ends.

That said, I have been doing my best to squeeze the leave-in CC into my hair and I think it helps.

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've been squeezing the leave-in CC into my hair, but recently I've added a twist to this.

Before I wash the CC out from my second cleanse, I also twist my hair around and try to squeeze in any extra CC. In particular, I focus on the top part of my hair around the scalp. I do this because, as I understand Chaz's instructions, I'm not supposed to put the leave-in CC too close to the scalp area (probably to keep the scalp from getting too oily). So by squeezing the CC (from the second cleanse) into the hair closest to my scalp, I'm hoping to keep the top part of my hair as moisturized as possible.

After my second cleanse, I rinse my hair with cool to cold water in order to close the hair cuticles and keep the moisturizing CC inside the hairshaft.

btw, this extra step only takes about 20-30 seconds.

-- bebe Smile

Regular Contributor

Is it possible to actually push product into the hair ? Or is it just extra moisture on the outside ?
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 mom4321 said: Is it possible to actually push product into the hair ? Or is it just extra moisture on the outside ?

I am going to probably hear it from people but there truly is no way to "push" hair products further into your hair, it really is impossible from a biological/scientific standpoint. So I am sure you are right, it is more just about distributing or coating the hair with the product on the outside more evenly/thoroughly by doing this method than by simply just raking it in.

Respected Contributor

I think it does make a difference when I really work the cc into my hair really well. I have also noticed this with the styling products as well. It really makes the mousse work better for me when I really rake and twist it into my hair. Great observation!! Thanks for posting!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

I saw this topic a couple of days ago and decided to try it this morning. I did the cleanse, rinse, repeat and then I added a nickle sized amount of SHP cc back into my hair as a leave-in. I also sprayed my hair with the DIY RTM recipe that I found on this forum a few days ago. I scrunched, or pushed, the product into my hair and I found that my hair looks dramatically different than it did just last week!

I dont know whether to attribute it to the SHP or to the scrunching, but I know that I used SHP and the DIY RTM on Friday and my hair didnt look like this. I really believe that there is something to this technique and I will keep using it from now on.

Trusted Contributor

I have short hair but it's color treated and this has made a difference. However SHP is so moisturizing I don't even need a leave in.

Regular Contributor

I must say I spent extra time working things into my hair and especially ends tonight and it dried in nice curls no frizz. I guess for whatever reason the more it is worked in the better my hair behaves. Good to know.