Honored Contributor

Wen Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner - Update

Today, I spoke with Yvonne who works in the customer service department at Chaz Dean's salon. I explained to her that we needed absolute clarification regarding sweet almond oil in the BGT CC, because some people with nut allergies would be purchasing it if it didn't contain nut oils. She checked out the almond oil question and was able to confirm that there is no sweet almond oil and no nut oils in the BGT CC. On Chaz's website, the sweet almond oil listing in the "key ingredients" section for was an error and the sweet almond oil information will be removed from the BGT CC description. I also confirmed that neither Nutmeg Kernel Oil nor Caraway Seed Oil are nut oils (just to be on the safe side).

She also told me that while she hasn't had a chance to smell the BTG, that the fragrance is both clean and earthy. The scent also does linger on the hair after using the CC.

Below I have included the updated Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner information (i have deleted the incorrect reference to sweet almond oil):

I spoke with Chaz Dean's studio customer service department to get more information about the new Bamboo Green Tea CC which is currently available at chazdean.com.

BGT is a rice-based CC. Chaz created it for adults who have been using the kids rice-based CCs (apple, watermelon & strawberry-banana), but who wanted a more sophisticated fragrance. A few key features include:

1) peptides & amino acids (which are also in 613 & the Seasonals)

2) Bamboo water (which is also in 613) -- bamboo is high in silica, a mineral which is important for hair/skin/nail strength. BGT contains a higher percentage of bamboo water than 613.

3) rice protein (which is also in the Kids CCs) -- for hair manageability & strength

4) no wheat, gluten, or nuts (613 & the Kids CCs are also free of these ingredients)

5) seaweed (not sure which other formulas include seaweed) -- UV protection

6) contains menthol (only the Kids CCs are menthol-free)

____

WEN BAMBOO GREEN TEA CLEANSING CONDITIONER (from chazdean.com)

___
WEN - Wen Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner (information from chazdean.com)
___
WEN - Description
Wen Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner is a universal, incredibly revitalizing formula designed to bring out the best in your hair. Combining as exclusive, anti-oxidant rich green, black, white and red tea complex with an exclusive bamboo water complex rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and silica essential for hair growth. Wen Bamboo Green Tea is a nutrient-rich infusion for your hair. Chaz designed this formula from the ground up to repair, protect and strengthen your hair while improving elasticity, volume and shine in all hair types and textures.
___
WEN - key ingredients
Bamboo Water: Rich in vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and especially rich in Silica which is essential for hair growth and helps to strengthen and revitalize the hair.
Tea Infusion Complex: Helps to strengthen hair structure for ultra-resilient, healthier looking hair
Rice Protein: Increases hair strength and manageability.
Seaweed Extract: Helps repair surface damage and provides some UV protection.
Wild Cherry Fruit Extract: Healing and soothing.
Rosemary Leaf Extract: It stimulates hair growth and fights scalp problems. Helps with premature baldness. Has amazing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties. Is a tonic, astringent, restorative herb.
Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5): Acts as a penetrating moisturizer. Plumps & moisturizes hair shaft to make it appear thicker, reduces split ends, smooths skin and strengthens hair as it seals in moisture.
Menthol: Has a local anesthetic and counter-irritant quality. Can also reduce itching and tenderness.
___
WEN - actual ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Bamboo Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Cinnamon Bark Oil, Nutmeg Kernel Oil, Caraway Seed Oil, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-60, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid.

___

enjoy,

bebe Smile