Not applicable
I am done buying temptations!!! Poor quality all the way around. All sets I have, have crazing throughout. Nice concept, poor quality. Not worth the money. I've learned to check the reviews before I buy. Getting more for your money is great, but since the quality is so poor, what's the point?
Honored Contributor

Re: Bad news ""temptations""

I just came back from Easter dinner at my cousin's house.

She used all 3 bakers in the Lidia set. I gave them to her for Christmas about 5 years ago. (I think they are still available "as is").

She uses them a lot. They are non-stick and NO crazing. Also made in China like TT, but unlike TT, the quality is great.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 terrier3 said:

She used all 3 bakers in the Lidia set. I gave them to her for Christmas about 5 years ago. (I think they are still available "as is").

She uses them a lot. They are non-stick and NO crazing. Also made in China like TT, but unlike TT, the quality is great.

the quality of my temp-tations is great.....some pieces going on 10+ years. i have a nice selection of older and newer pieces.

i do think that if people dont like them, feel like they are overpriced, dont like the designs, OR they feel like it doesnt perform well for them then they definitely should find a different brand to purchase.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

OP, boy do I agree with you. I bought two of the large bakers w/ lids in the peppermint design. Both cracked so badly that they were put in the garbage a long time ago. I paid almost $90 with s/h for the two. What a waste of money!! I will never buy Tempations again.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 sunshine45 said:

the quality of my temp-tations is great.....some pieces going on 10+ years. i have a nice selection of older and newer pieces.

i do think that if people dont like them, feel like they are overpriced, dont like the designs, OR they feel like it doesnt perform well for them then they definitely should find a different brand to purchase.

I purchased a LOT of TT and was very dissatisfied with their performance.

I liked Lidia and now that her line is gone, I have switched to made in the USA Fiesta ware.

Honored Contributor

Costco and Home Goods has good stone bakeware, some from Italy.

Valued Contributor

On 4/5/2015 sunshine45 said:

I also have used Temp-tation bakeware for many years (along with millions of others) and have never had any problems. The quality is superb, IMO, and I agree, if someone doesn't like TT then by all means they should find another brand they like better!

Honored Contributor

The quality of Temp-tations bakeware is inconsistent. Clear back to the beginning (which some people believe the product was much better quality), it has been this way.

The product used to be rather inexpensive, but if you actually take away the racks and the trivets, and the recipe cards and the useless 'measuring' spoons, and count the actual pieces of stoneware you get in each set, the prices aren't so cheap anymore.

I was recently in Lehman's in Kidron Ohio, and saw so many made in USA brands of stoneware that were so thick, heavy and substantial, for less cost.

The biggest draw, in my opinion, is that you can build such a complete set of dinnerware, bakeware, serve ware, and kitchen decor, unlike any other brand out there. Temp-tations continues to make more and different items, and people can keep expanding their matching or coordinating sets. No other company has such complete offerings.

The product doesn't hold up well with frequent use, and seems to be extremely sensitive to water. Most cracking and crazing is because too much moisture has been absorbed through the unglazed surfaces, and used long enough, often enough, most of these pieces will fail.

Also, Tara is deceptive in her on air presentations about how to use the product. Stoneware needs to have all bottom surfaces covered with liquid or food product or it will be prone to cracking. When she shows baking cookies or 'garlic knots' on the lid its, it is a recipe for disaster. A more honest presentation about the limitation and proper usage of stoneware might help prevent some of the cracking and breaking, but then people would realize it is not the only bakeware/cookware one should have in the kitchen, and not be as apt to throw away everything that has worked for generations, just to fill the kitchen with this product.

Valued Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Kraftydesigns said: I am done buying temptations!!! Poor quality all the way around. All sets I have, have crazing throughout. Nice concept, poor quality. Not worth the money. I've learned to check the reviews before I buy. Getting more for your money is great, but since the quality is so poor, what's the point?

all sets that you have had? how many sets do/did you have? What "sets" are these? I agree that everyone should check the reviews of products they are interested in and read them to! Some can be very misleading..good & bad. I took a quick look on the Q's Temp-tation page & the majority of reviews were 4.5 and 5 stars!! Seems like some have so many problems with TT while the vast majority (millions) are very satisfied with their Temp-tation purchases. My suggestion would be to buy one piece or a set of bake ware and use it for a while before getting so many sets. That is what is so great, no one makes anyone buy anything...your choice!!

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm, a reviewer with two posts making a statement about the "unworthiness of Temptations.' I look askance upon this. Be that as it may, it does seem that certain products get their fair share of the "piling on phenomena negativity" That would be WEN products with the latest and greatest. That is posters seeking to "educate" or propagandize the purchasing public about the supposed class action suit and now this. Why would that be do you suppose?