New Contributor

I wanted to know if anyone had the problems that I have had. I bought 2 sets of as is dishes and they were fine when I bought them. Now within the 3 year warranty period the plates have chipped and broken pieces around the the top of the edges with the brown print. That is 5 out of 8 large plates. I live in an adult household. So when I called Temp-tations they said more or less too bad because they were as is. No warranty Smiley Sad The point I tried to get through is the dishes were fine. Now they look awful !!!!! My hard earned money went into these dishes. Very disappointed with the quality. This is not the only problems I have had. I think they should have been replaced. Why would I have kept the dishes if they were in that shape. Seems to me they are making these pieces way to fast and the quality is not there anymore. I know now I will not be buying anymore.

Honored Contributor

Most all manufacturers don't stand behind anything Q sells 'as is', Temp-tations especially.

I am not a fan of Temp-tations dinnerware. I have purchased several sets, and they don't hold up very well in general. I have purchased much cheaper stoneware locally that stays nice looking and functional much longer.

Temp-tations, while fun and pretty, is not a top of the line brand, and is going to have a good portion of it be of 'throw away' quality. It will only last so long, even with vigilant care, because of the cheap materials and firing practices.

Another case of you get what you pay for, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Did you buy them ""as is""? I know you don't get any warranties when you buy like that. I've bought a few things in the 'as is' department.

I only buy the bakeware/serving stuff so I've never had the dishes. I've never had anything chip or break so I've never called CS. As long as I've had them I'd just toss them at this point if they break.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

First, I want to say sorry you that some of your plates have chipped. All kinds of reasons for that. I see where you must be a Temp-tations collector since you mentioned that you have had "other" problems but kept buying TT.

Second, not directing this personally to the OP but what part of "AS IS" do buyers of it do not understand? Pretty plain & simple..."AS IS" is just that, why would anyone expect it to have any kind of warranty?

Definition of "as is"...

As is is a legal term used to disclaim some implied warranties for an item being sold. Certain types of implied warranties must be specifically disclaimed, such as the implied warranty of title. "As is" denotes that the seller is selling, and the buyer is buying an item in whatever condition it presently exists, and that the buyer is accepting the item "with all faults", whether or not immediately apparent. This is the classic "buyer beware" situation, where the careful buyer should take the time to examine the item before accepting it, or obtain expert advice.

waiting to get blasted for my comment....wait for it...wait for it...LOL.

Trusted Contributor
Last month I bought a as is jewlery box,it arrived in bad shape,CS sent out another one and told me to toss the other one. So on some things they do stand behind as is products.
Valued Contributor
On 4/4/2015 spud188 said: Last month I bought a as is jewlery box,it arrived in bad shape,CS sent out another one and told me to toss the other one. So on some things they do stand behind as is products.

I think below would be containing to your situation...you recieved your product 'bad shape", whatever that means, and I am sure the "as is" product was for a box that was not bent or whatever...this is not the case with the OP's info.

On the other hand, the phrase "as is" does not disclaim express warranties, such as those created by the seller's description of an item. In other words, the item may be sold "as is," but if the item does not conform to the seller's description, the buyer has a right to reject it.

Respected Contributor

Hi Big Mama T,

Welcome in and I see this is your 1st post.

Now for the education....Temptations is mass produced, cheaply manufactured, and imported.

Their dinnerware, especially as is.....is no exception.

"No warranty because they were sold as is..... says it all".

You are correct you paid good money for 2 sets and this should not have occurred, especially if your household is adults only.

"Buy cheap mass produced so called affordable imports, and problems can ensue, and do ensue, but not only for Temptations dinnerware, but for other items in various Temptations Collection just as this one did.

There are so many complaints listed for this Temptations Product brand at the Better Business Bureau, Facebook, here, and on other internet sites as well as complaints listed at various product consumer safety defective products sites.

No matter what anyone says negative Temptations product complaints are listed on the internet, and no one really has a clue how many Temptations defective item or dangerous accident defect item complaints were not made by Consumers, since not every Temptations Consumer has internet access or knowledge of usage.

The end result is they may just trash their defective/dangerous Temptations items, and never report their negative dangerous defect product experience and decide to remain safe than sorry again, so they do not make another Temptations purchase.

All it takes is one very dangerous consumer experience to turn off the consumer.

I was a consumer which also experienced that dangerous defective consumer usage product, and by the grace of God neither I nor my Guests were injured, although I had defective a manufacturer's defective Temptations large casserole pan filled with hot food crack in 1/2 in my hands as I was removing it from the oven, then it exploded and crashed and hot food along with large Temptations broken pieces and smaller tiny sharp shards of TT glass as well as the hot cooked food splattered all over my kitchen......walls, flooring, underneath appliances, on counter tops and just about everywhere.

I posted this many times and will continue to post it so even new Temptations consumers like yourself Big Mama T, are aware that there are quite a lot of negative Temptations consumer related experiences, not only to almost being injured from Product manufacturing defects, but also to crazing inside of TT items when they are just on display, and hair line cracks also occurring.

After that very frightening horrific TT negative consumer experience I broke and trashed my vast entire Temptations collection, rather than sell it or donate it, as I have a conscience, and could not live with myself had someone else purchased my numerous Temptations Collections, and experienced what I had, or really were injured using them.

There are so many other dinnerware choices out there from tried and true companies who offer warranty's, and their products have stood the test of time.

I am now a true believer in "you get what you pay for"...and being mass produced and affordable does not mean quality and an item which will with stand the true test of time during usage.

Unfortunately Big Mama T your hard earned money for both of the as is Temptation dinnerware sets, also went down the drain with that Temptations defective brand.

I hope you are now a more knowledgeable savvy wise consumer Big Mama T especially since a negative Temptations experience is a great teacher.

I also hope you find dinnerware sets which are tried and true, and will last through consumer usage, as well as last through the test of time.

There are so many reputable dinnerware choices out there to chose from, which are not mass produced throw away items, and deserve your hard earned funds.

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor
On 4/3/2015 debc said:

Did you buy them ""as is""? I know you don't get any warranties when you buy like that. I've bought a few things in the 'as is' department.

I only buy the bakeware/serving stuff so I've never had the dishes. I've never had anything chip or break so I've never called CS. As long as I've had them I'd just toss them at this point if they break.

Ditto debc!!

New Contributor
I do understand the As Is product. However they were in great condition when I recived them. It is the dishes that have a problem. You are correct when you buy mass produced this is the quality you get. The dishes are defective and sounds like alot of the products are that way also. Good too know. I will not buy any of their products ever again.