Contributor

What is best Temp-tations Color to Choose?

I bought the Lenox Butterfly Meadow (original pattern) a couple weeks ago when it was the TSV. I need something to bake in that can go on the table. For any Q customers who bought the Lenox, do you have any Temp-tations color suggestions? I'm leaning toward cobalt blue in Floral Lace or Old World .... or .... confetti in Old World? Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: What is best Temp-tations Color to Choose?

I would go with the Floral lace in Spice. I think it would match the butterflies.

Honored Contributor

Confetti in Old World would pick up many colors, but if it were me, I'd go for a lighter shade of the floral lace design.

Honored Contributor

With the print on those lovely dishes, I'd suggest a solid set of bakeware. Tara has done several solid sets over the years, and on Temp-tations.com she still has some available. They are called "Bella", I believe. If you don't find TT solid bakeware, I'd wait or look elsewhere. There is more Vintage Grace coming this spring, and I think Q still has the 9x13 baker in that pattern in all colors as well, and that is a very feminine and pretty solid with embossing.

Different people like different things, but I think any patterned bakeware will compete with and clash with your new dinnerware. That is Lenox, and the expense and beauty should stand out, and not be conflicting with a patterned bakeware, in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/29/2015 mominohio said:

With the print on those lovely dishes, I'd suggest a solid set of bakeware. Tara has done several solid sets over the years, and on Temp-tations.com she still has some available. They are called "Bella", I believe. If you don't find TT solid bakeware, I'd wait or look elsewhere. There is more Vintage Grace coming this spring, and I think Q still has the 9x13 baker in that pattern in all colors as well, and that is a very feminine and pretty solid with embossing.

Different people like different things, but I think any patterned bakeware will compete with and clash with your new dinnerware. That is Lenox, and the expense and beauty should stand out, and not be conflicting with a patterned bakeware, in my opinion.

I agree with you, mominohio.

Cardinals Fan, I do not want to offend you or anyone else. I know you asked about Temp-tations colors. But, I also think solid color would be best with your pretty china.

I have a tea set in Lenox Butterfly Meadow. I love it. My set includes a teapot, creamer & sugar, 4 luncheon plates, each a different color and different butterfly, in pink, blue, green and yellow, and 4 teacups and saucers. The saucers are also in pink, blue, green and yellow.

I suggest you consider a Fiesta baking dish.

I decided to take a couple photos of my Lenox with a couple fiesta colors. I like the retired Periwinkle, retired Rose, Sunflower (current color) and also White (current color). Sunflower is a nice bright yellow, but the butterfly on the top of my teapot is also brighter yellow than the plate, plus some of the butterflies are a brighter yellow orange color, so I think Sunflower could still work.

I love taking photos, so I set up a few pieces with Fiesta. I took pictures of both sides of my teapot & creamer. I don't know if these are the same Lenox Butterfly Meadow pieces as you have, but it will give you an idea.

This is the creamer on a sunflower luncheon plate, periwinkle creamer, rose pitcher and white pitcher.

photo 73f92db9-b28a-42aa-8e27-bbc49a0e167a_zpsgyqdnqh1.jpg

The next two pictures show both sides of the teapot & creamer. I think Periwinkle blends beautifully with the blue flowers on the teapot.

photo 365ee158-23e8-4ce6-b3e7-e682f8ab860a_zpstisrnyu3.jpg

Hope this helps! Enjoy your Butterfly Meadow!

photo dd7b7f01-65a1-46b8-8880-33e427e39ac7_zpsgpg0gu3e.jpg

Honored Contributor

The solid pink and blue are so pretty with that set. I'm afraid all we use now for family gatherings are paper plates. When I was little, my mother would put four leaves in our table and we set the table with real china and the good silverware when we had company. It's just so different now.

Frequent Contributor

Oceantown, your arrangements are lovely. I can't stop looking at them. Thank you so much for posting. Hope you enjoy your beautiful tableware.
Honored Contributor

i think some of the floral lace items would work nicely alongside your pattern.

you may want to check out some of the rachel ray solid colors in her bakeware. i mix those pieces in with some of my temptations items.

or

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

My answer to your question is NONE! Haven't you read all the horror posts about Temptations on these forums? If you want to buy them just to look at, fine but if you plan on baking in them I hope you won't. So many people, including myself, have had problems with these pieces cracking in half in the oven and had dinner ruined and had to clean up a big mess. I just can't believe QVC still sells this inferior product.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cards Fan - I could see a piece or two in Floral Lace. The bakeware will be a small component of the overall table and surely that pretty deep blue would provide a nice foil for the light background of the Lenox. Of course there are many ways to go. Have fun.

Cogito ergo sum