Trusted Contributor

Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

... the round bowls with lids showing that you can bake a casserole in the bowl and a pizza on its lid. What a novel concept! With all the negative reviews on Temp-tations though, too bad its a Temp-tations product... wouldn't want it to crack in process.

***Commenting Is Closed For This Discussion***

Respected Contributor

Re: Just Tuned in and Saw Temp-tations...

On 3/18/2015 seaside shopper said:

... the round bowls with lids showing that you can bake a casserole in the bowl and a pizza on its lid. What a novel concept! With all the negative reviews on Temp-tations though, too bad its a Temp-tations product... wouldn't want it to crack in process.

You ended your reply with "wouldn't want it to crack in process".

Never thought that would happen to me while removing a Temptations large casserole pan from the oven with very hot cooked food inside, and had it split in half in my hands.

I of course jumped back, dropped it and I and my dinner guests who had a clean view to my kitchen from the dining room table where they were seated all watched in shock and horror, as it exploded and the sharp ceramic broken pieces, along with the very tiny sharp ceramic shards flew everywhere as did the hot cooked food....on my walls kitchen curtains, wallpaper, 1/2 room wood paneling, and floor, and underneath my appliances......IT all went just about everywhere in the kitchen.

It was a real dangerous tedious time consuming job picking up those dangerous defective Temptations sharp tiny shards of broken ceramic pieces, as well as the larger pieces, and the hot cooked food plastered on everything in the kitchen was really gross to look at, and remove.

The final overall cleaning was to move out all the appliances and thoroughly clean well underneath them all and none of this was an extreme "Temptations joy to do".

The last thing which gave me great joy to do was to completely trash into the trash all my vast Temptations Collections and never ever experience that type of DEFECTIVE TEMPTATIONS DANGEROUS CONSUMER USAGE EXPERIENCE EVER AGAIN".

I quickly filled the built in cabinets with many lovely pieces of my beloved deceased Mom's Cornflower Blue Corning-ware along with mine which I also had, as well as our lovely pyrex-ware, and Fiesta-ware.....ALL MADE IN THE U.S.A, and I also recently added some gorgeous heavy well made lead free and made with strict guidelines similar to ours from Greece. The paint is lead free, the items are heavy and well constructed, and everything is safe to use in the freezer, refrigerator, microwave, and in the oven.

Some pieces of Corning-ware and pyrex I believe were purchased in the 70's and still were being used with no defects whatsoever. Time tested and consumer dependable and friendly to care for and use is more important than anything else.

No more made anywhere else but in the USA kitchenware for me........unless they are made with the same rigid standards we in the U.S.A. have implemented here with very strict guidelines for sales approval.

The Temptation Products to many now represents cheap mass produced imports where consumer safety is no longer even considered by the Owner/Manufacturer, and they are already aware of all the Temptations negative dangerous consumer complaints reported to them here in the Temptations forum, as well as in many other internet web sites.

All they care about is mass production this Temptations line overseas using cheap labor, and then selling it here in the USA as an affordable inexpensive product and thusly enjoying their highest profitability margin, with no thought or care that many Temptations promises made on national television were promises never kept, which in turn caused negative dangerous defects in many of their items and the only people suffering are consumers who experienced what I did.

I experienced a close encounter with Temptations of the most dangerous kind.....and one I will never ever experience again with them.........and let me not forget to mention that free publicity this TT product received by all the witnesses I had seated at my dining room table waiting for the food made in the TT was a real eye opener, and one I would never wish any potential consumer of my products to ever witness, let alone become a victim of.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, AdoreQVC, I am so very sorry to hear of your horrible and dangerous experience with Temp-tions!!! You are so fortunate that the shards didn't blind you or cut you to shreds! Did you contact QVC after this happened to you? They should have given you cash back or credit for the item that blew up as well as reimbursed you for the cleanup afterward. They should be ashamed to continue to sell such a provenly dangerous product which causes me to question other products that they sell... can we trust that anything that they sell is safe to use??

Thank you for sharing your experience with Temp-tations. I have not purchased any of the Temp-tations cookware, thank God!

I am glad that you were protected from personal injury and were kept safe. Blessings!

Honored Contributor

Did you know Tara's mom mixes and matches the black with the cranberry? How many times have I heard about that ...

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 seaside shopper said:

Oh, AdoreQVC, I am so very sorry to hear of your horrible and dangerous experience with Temp-tions!!! You are so fortunate that the shards didn't blind you or cut you to shreds! Did you contact QVC after this happened to you? They should have given you cash back or credit for the item that blew up as well as reimbursed you for the cleanup afterward. They should be ashamed to continue to sell such a provenly dangerous product which causes me to question other products that they sell... can we trust that anything that they sell is safe to use??

Thank you for sharing your experience with Temp-tations. I have not purchased any of the Temp-tations cookware, thank God!

I am glad that you were protected from personal injury and were kept safe. Blessings!

Thanks for your very compassionate and kind reply seaside shopper, and sending blessings back to you too{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

I was past their 1 year warranty when this occurred but yes I did contact everyone by telephone, and email advisement's, as well as constantly reiterating on the QVC forum, because everyone needs to know about these very dangerous continued defect consumer lack of product safety issue, and they need to have it in their eyesight all the time to ensure it is read, and kept in the fore front of their consumer purchase considerations.

Temptations c.s. was not helpful at all and could care less, and QVC said they were sorry this happened but I was past their 30 day return policy and past the TT warranty period.....so no luck with either one....I imagine consumer safety is not a priority and that includes defects which occurred and caused numerous damages.

I thank God I and my guests were not seriously cut or burned, because a multitude of dangerous after effects could have occurred. Being blinded by flying ceramic tiny sharp shards is one, being but by the large and small flying ceramic cut TT pieces is another, being burned by the hot cooked food is another, and the list does go on. I am very much relieved not to have also experienced any of that during the defect, explosion of TT product, and handling the removal of all the hot cooked food and TT defective product cut sharp ceramic pieces from my entire kitchen.

Yes TT and everyone is aware of these very dangerous TT defect negative consumer experiences, but mute still is the word on their part.

It seems TT continues to remain mute on these defect and dangerous negative defective TT consumer experiences so that translates to not caring anything at ll about consumer defect and consumer dependability and safety using their TT products, but that also translates into their only interest is $ and their high profitability rewards......and that speaks volumes to the consumer.

Please think of purchasing the alternatives I mentioned above.

"Better to be safe, than sorry and injured".P.S. I have included links for the Corningware Cornflower Blue which I have and the bottom is marked Made in the USA

http://www.amazon.com/Corning-Cornflower-Royal-Buffet-Server/dp/B00GHUUSTU

Here is a full listing of what Amazon offers in this pattern which I love...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=Corning+Ware+Cornflo...

Regarding the casserole bowl and pizza TT item....TT has stooped to producing anything to make a profit, regardless whether it is really something sensible, useful, or not.

$ talks and that is the bottom line here.

The TT imagination is endless in it's useful and not useful configurations, even if what is presented is ridiculous in its concept, or consumer usage.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 ValuSkr said:

Did you know Tara's mom mixes and matches the black with the cranberry? How many times have I heard about that ...

and David collects the brown.

Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Daysdee said:
On 3/18/2015 ValuSkr said:

and David collects the brown.

David also said Tara bought a home near his so she is his neighbor, so if his TT proved to be defective and dangerous no problem, he can just take it over to Tara and get another one at no charge.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why someone would want bake a casserole and pizza at the same time.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

First, let me say that I'm happy that you nor none of your guests were seriously hurt since it could have really been a disaster. There has to be some agency that all these dangerous experiences can be reported to since it's very apparent that the Q or Temptations doesn't care because they still sell this line. Well, we know why, because it's all about the money. I had one crack and reported it to the Q and they told me they would refund my money. I told them they should not be selling this product, but it falls on deaf ears. There has been so many posts about cracking pieces, it's.ridiculous that nothing is done. One day, I really hope not, something very serious is going to happen and maybe then, when a lawsuit is filed, they will finally get rid of this line. This is not the only defective line the Q has sold. I bought a shark vacuum from them and it just kept tipping over and one day it fell on my foot injuring my toe. I called Shark and they told me that that model was discontinued awhile ago and asked where I purchased it. I told them and their answer was, that particular model was taken off the market and they should not be selling them. I called QVC's Corporate office about it and then after that when I went online to leave a review, it stated "this item is no longer available". I would never buy any appliances, electronics or kitchenware from them ever again.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Kachina624 said: I'm not sure why someone would want bake a casserole and pizza at the same time.

This is what I am wondering too! Sometimes the scenarios are so bizarre.