New Contributor

Enough of the Old World and Floral Lace

Tara,

Enough of the Old World and Floral Lace patterns. How about something for the Male cooks that watch QVC and enjoy Temp-tations. I for one would prefer a design that's more masculine and not in the foo foo colors and patterns. Years ago I started collecting the San Maro pattern then it was discontinued. Think about us single Men who like to cook and prefer not to have feminine Flowers and Lace pattern cookware in our kitchens.

Thanks KDB

Respected Contributor

Re: Enough of the Old World and Floral Lace

Some of us ladies would also prefer a more tailored pattern. Thanks for posting OP!
Respected Contributor

I thought that Old World should have been retired years ago, and Floral Lace (which I own), is gradually becoming overdone as well. I know they're popular, but enough is enough. I want to see new patterns!
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

Well.... la di da!

Honored Contributor

I do agree, the patterns need to step into the 21st century.

Respected Contributor

I haven't bought any TempTations in years. I really don't know what patterns are popular at this time, but I am, and have been, sick of the Floral Lace and Old World is just that - 0LD!

I do have a Christmas (more like holiday & winter) pattern, which I only use for serving. I don't cook in it so no danger of cracking. I also have a few pieces of red polka dot (red w/white dots), and I do like the polka dot pattern. but I haven't seen any in a long time. I only watch the kitchen shows when there is a guest host, so I rarely see it demonstrated.

But it's almost Spring here and if there were any new patterns, in spring and summer colors I might be interested. Just bury Old World and Floral Lace and let's move on.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought the Old World to be extremely unattractive and in some colors, especially green and brown, it's simply unappetizing. It looks muddy and dirty.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Kachina624 said: I've always thought the Old World to be extremely unattractive and in some colors, especially green and brown, it's simply unappetizing. It looks muddy and dirty.

LOL! It's funny, but those are two of the colors I think are the best. I think they look richer than the tacky (to me) spring colors coming out now. I guess that's why they offer so many colors, different strokes for different folks!

Honored Contributor

i wont go and say get rid of the old world or the floral lace because i know people collect and use those pieces. i do agree though that it would be great to see some new patterns OR bring back some of the older patterns. i would love to see more contemporary styles at the same great prices.

would love to add to my wild garden pieces!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

The ""plain"" colors apparently didn't sell well. Where are they now? I bought one set in cream and love it. Jill Bauer said her Vintage Grace TT pattern was coming back but where are the pieces?