Super Contributor

I have been stalking the SG pieces to catch what new items she may have on her TSV day on Thursday and this pretty skirt came up. I love it! Going to order it now before it is gone. Regular and petites too. It doesn't say it is liquid knit, but I think it is. Which color do you like? Navy/purple or red/black? I think I am going for navy/purple.

Susan Graver Placement Floral Print Maxi Skirt Petite

Susan Graver Placement Floral Print Maxi Skirt Petite

Respected Contributor

Re: Pretty new SG maxi skirt

If I were to choose,I would choose navy/purple. But I don't like red...lol. I hope you enjoy the skirt.I'm waiting on her tsv top.I want to hear about that numerical sizing. Darn,Susan needs to keep it like it was so I can pretty much be sure of a fit..lol.
Trusted Contributor

Doesn't that print correspond to a top that she has????

Super Contributor

Thanks, Birkin - I'm not a huge red fan either. I have a lot of black liquid knit tops in my wardrobe, but not a lot in navy, so I'm wondering which way to go. The red seems to have little bits of orange too. Not sure if a black top with orange necklace would work or not.I tend not to wear black with orange (Halloween...lol) so I'll have to think about it.

Yes, numerical sizing really throws me off too. I often don't buy pants/tops if they are in numerical because I have no idea what size. Good luck - hope you can find a size that works for you Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I think the purple is much prettier than the red. But - I'm not a fan of big florals - I prefer abstracts and geometrics.

I have a couple of her skirts from last year - unless I see something I MUST have ... no more skirts.

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Katiesmom said:

Thanks, Birkin - I'm not a huge red fan either. I have a lot of black liquid knit tops in my wardrobe, but not a lot in navy, so I'm wondering which way to go. The red seems to have little bits of orange too. Not sure if a black top with orange necklace would work or not.I tend not to wear black with orange (Halloween...lol) so I'll have to think about it.

Yes, numerical sizing really throws me off too. I often don't buy pants/tops if they are in numerical because I have no idea what size. Good luck - hope you can find a size that works for you Smiley Happy

For a top .... woven fabric ... take your chest measurement and add a few inches for wearing ease and then check garment measurements for closest match. You need a minimum of two inches for a close fit on a woven. I like to leave 3".

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 gonnab said:

Doesn't that print correspond to a top that she has????

Yes, she has a few topics with a similar placement print.

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Kathleen said:

I think the purple is much prettier than the red. But - I'm not a fan of big florals - I prefer abstracts and geometrics.

I have a couple of her skirts from last year - unless I see something I MUST have ... no more skirts.

I have the black and white striped skirt from last year (cut on diagonals) and I love it and get lots of compliments on it.

I can always use skirts for work and I like that these go back to navy/black (my go-to top colors since I am larger on top than bottom).

Super Contributor

Not usually a fan of a slit either...wish I could see how long it is.

Respected Contributor

Thanks,Kathleen! I definitely forgot about wearing ease and the fabric is a new type too! I like a few inches for sure!