Honored Contributor

C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

I had a refund card from BBB and I purchased a motion activated soap dispenser for the kitchen. It runs on FOUR AAA BATTERIES! It was such a silly purchase, but it makes me smile.

That got me thinking that I can't be the only one who buys unnecessary things.

How 'bout you?

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

I bought the dumbest thing on HSN,it looked like toaster,you put meat in these bags,drop in the 2 slots,push a button and your meat would cook in the disposable bags.
Trusted Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

Oh and I have the Lysol brand motion activated soap dispensers in the kitchen and both bathrooms.LOL
Esteemed Contributor

I want that motion activated soap dispenser!

My silly purchases:

George Foreman Grill (I use my LC grill pan)

A billion different choppers and slicers (I use my knives)

A spice grinder (I use my mortar and pestle)

A quesadilla maker (no comment)

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 spud188 said: I bought the dumbest thing on HSN,it looked like toaster,you put meat in these bags,drop in the 2 slots,push a button and your meat would cook in the disposable bags.

Spud, if this were a contest, you just might win with this one. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/1/2015 spud188 said: I bought the dumbest thing on HSN,it looked like toaster,you put meat in these bags,drop in the 2 slots,push a button and your meat would cook in the disposable bags.

How did that work out, spud?

Mine was one of those 2 well electric pie makers........it's still in the box over a year later{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Great question! Get me near the kitchen ware section of a store and my eyes glaze over. Some women goes nuts over shoes, I love anything kitchen. I have 3 13x9 baking dishes. Who needs three. I have a free standing jelly cabinet it's full of my Lock n Locks and place mats, table clothes and cloth napkins. It's my husband, adult daughter and me. We entertain family now and then but nothing fancy. I bought another crockpot because I thought having a smaller one would come in handy. Have used it once. My Mother was a wonderful cook and she did it with 1/3 of the stuff I have. I need Kitchen Anonymous. House cat, I so enjoy your posts, keep them coming.

Super Contributor

Too many silly gadgets to mention just one! I purged everything last summer and I'm here to tell you kitchen items sell like crazy at a yard sale!

Trusted Contributor

Product Details

• 3 in 1 toaster oven, coffee maker and griddle

Never used. Still in the box..probably 8 yrs. now. Need to donate. Sigh...
Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

What's the saying, "the road to Heaven is paved with good intentions." ?

THAT is my relationship with kitchen gadgets. Use them at first and then the novelty wears off (I'm another with a mini pie maker, rangemate, a bazillion slicing/dicing gadgets, etc.)

Denise