Valued Contributor

Judith's Stainless Steel Mother-of-Pearl Watch in Gold Clad...Beautiful...

I took delivery of this watch (J320266) today in the clad version of her original watch done in silver/stainless steel (which I own and adore). My other clad watches are the Chrono and Regent (which I treasure...especially the Regent). For some reason, the coloration, balance and execution of this timepiece surpassed my expectations. I hope that those who ordered are equally pleased.

Regular Contributor

Re: Judith's Stainless Steel Mother-of-Pearl Watch in Gold Clad...Beautiful...

I also received the gold clad watch today. I really think it's pretty. On mine, the pins on the band where they attach to both sides of the face are a bit sharp ( on the underside of watch). Are yours also sharp? I plan to take the watch to a jeweler to see if he thinks the band isn't going to come off.

Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2015 roxiegirl said:

I also received the gold clad watch today. I really think it's pretty. On mine, the pins on the band where they attach to both sides of the face are a bit sharp ( on the underside of watch). Are yours also sharp? I plan to take the watch to a jeweler to see if he thinks the band isn't going to come off.

I just checked the underside of my watch, roxiegirl, and I feel no sharpness at all. Sorry to hear that your new timepiece isn't perfect and hope your jeweler can remedy the situation for you.

Respected Contributor

I am considering purchasing. I also own the sterling/stainless steel version and it is a beauty. I think it is Judith's prettiest watch and I own 3 chrono's and 2 Ceramics.

Frequent Contributor

YES...got it today and it's stunning. LOVE the original silver version and the gold is just as beautiful. I examined the pins, as roxiegirl noted some sharpness and I see what she means. Then I compared the silver to the gold and the construction seems (to me, a non-expert) to be the same. The gold one doesn't feel uncomfortably 'prickly' so I am going to go with it. Since the pin construction looks much the same as the silver, which has been a workhorse, I'm thinking the gold version is probably structurally fine. Well, I hope so anyway! If it turns out the pins are a weak point and it breaks in an unacceptably short period of time, I will return it to QVC as a DEFECT. The Q honors DEFECTS longer than regular returns. Edited to add that watch numbers are gold, look black in photo because of reflection of light.

Respected Contributor

I just received mine and I am thrilled. I own the stainless one and I have worn it almost every single day since I bought it years ago. It was the only Ripka watch that I owned and my favorite out of all of them. I always wished for a gold version and so when she brought it back in the gold, I was all over that. Just gorgeous!

Super Contributor

Ladies, you have convinced me to put this watch on my wish list. As soon as I can, I will order it.

Thank you, Pepper22

Trusted Contributor

Hi Ladies, Enjoy wearing your new gold watch.

I have the original Silver one. The original item # was J147979. I purchased it in February, 2010 at a price of $267.70. So, if you got the new one in either gold or silver at the event price of $199 you got a good deal. The price is now $249, and still worth it.

This watch, along with the original black leather strap watch, are workhorses for me. I wear one of them almost every day.

FYI, the original watch description was:

Judith Ripka Sterling & Diamonique Sub-Dial Bracelet Watch not Stainless steel.

I seem to recall that when the watch was sold originally, there was some discussion here on the Forum as to which parts of the watch were indeed sterling silver and which parts were stainless steel.

It did not matter to me. I loved the watch and still love it today. I had to replace the battery, but otherwise, it has held up great.

I think I will have to get the gold one, even though I have the Chrono in gold. Since I had the gold Chrono I didn't think I needed this one in gold. Now I regret that I did not get it when it was first presented.

Just a question, what color are on the numbers on the gold? It's hard to tell from the picture. Are they gold or are they black?

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Regular Contributor

On 2/25/2015 newjerseygirl said:

Hi Ladies, Enjoy wearing your new gold watch.

I have the original Silver one. The original item # was J147979. I purchased it in February, 2010 at a price of $267.70. So, if you got the new one in either gold or silver at the event price of $199 you got a good deal. The price is now $249, and still worth it.

This watch, along with the original black leather strap watch, are workhorses for me. I wear one of them almost every day.

FYI, the original watch description was:

Judith Ripka Sterling & Diamonique Sub-Dial Bracelet Watch not Stainless steel.

I seem to recall that when the watch was sold originally, there was some discussion here on the Forum as to which parts of the watch were indeed sterling silver and which parts were stainless steel.

It did not matter to me. I loved the watch and still love it today. I had to replace the battery, but otherwise, it has held up great.

I think I will have to get the gold one, even though I have the Chrono in gold. Since I had the gold Chrono I didn't think I needed this one in gold. Now I regret that I did not get it when it was first presented.

Just a question, what color are on the numbers on the gold? It's hard to tell from the picture. Are they gold or are they black?

The numbers are gold.

Super Contributor

Dallas-Dame enjoy your new gold clad watch. Looks stunning in the gold.