Respected Contributor

if you keep a wreath on your front door year round

what kind of wreath do you have out now? I like to keep a wreath on the door and have wreaths for spring, summer, fall and Christmas, but I can never quite decide what to use in the middle of winter after the holidays are over.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Frequent Contributor

Re: if you keep a wreath on your front door year round

I have an evergreen teardrop shape with fruit, some glittery some natural, with pheasant feathers added. Love it for the interim between holidays and valentine day.
Super Contributor

I keep a wreath on my front year round. January is a "Snow" wreath----blue ribbons, snowflakes, ice cicles and several snowmen figures. I like the change from the red/green of Christmas. February is a Valentine wreath-----shades of pink instead of red, hearts, arrows, cupids, etc. March is St. Patrick's Day----bright green ribbon with pots of gold, rainbows, and four leaf clovers, etc.

Each month, I celebrate whatever The Holiday is. I like to change the wreath, and I have décor inside that I change too. It's fun.

tea

Esteemed Contributor

I do have something on my door year-round, but not always a wreath. Last week, on a bleak grey day, I looked out in the garden and saw an old favorite ornament on a stake. She's part mermaid, part dancer, part dragon fly, with curly hair, made of copper (some natural, some verdi gris). I purchased her at the Philadelphia Flower Show 15 years ago, and it occurred to me how delightful she would be (stake removed), hanging on the front door as a harbinger of spring. I smile every time I see the door.Smile

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

After Christmas I hang a VPH wreath I purchased on QVC. It has apples and white magnolia flowers.
Valued Contributor

I actually keep my pine wreath on (which I buy from the tree places), but instead of getting red/green ribbons, I get blue/whites/non-xmas colors so that it lasts past December{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

My wreath is actually an artificial evergreen one, but I have theee cutest ice skates I was so thrilled to find hanging down the middle of it, two little matching mittens tucked in to the greens and then a few miscellaneous snowflakes. My bow at the top is burlap and I just yesterday added a few little red hearts to it.

Honored Contributor

I live in Fl. and used to have a seashell wreath on the front door all the time, but it was always getting critters like frogs and geckos in it so now I just have a door knocker that has our name engraved on it which was a wedding gift.
Valued Contributor

I love wreaths and have a collection that I purchased from different vendors on Etsy. They can be very expensive so the key is good storage.

Frequent Contributor

I have a very nice snowman wreath from Valerie Parr Hill on my front door.A winter wreath with pine,pine cones covered in snow, snowman and even ice skates on it .And it has a winter hat and small scarf on it too.The wreath is not available anymore , I bought it many years ago.I keep this one up until easter, then my easter wreath goes on the door.Then a spring wreath with lots of greenery and birds nests with birds eggs in it. Then a summer wreath, in the fall a fall/pumpkin wreath and christmas a christmas wreath. My snowman winter wreath is not available anymore BUT Valerie Parr Hill has another winter wreath on QVC the item #is H201450. I own that one too. On my back door. It has a winter sleigh on it, maybe you like that one for winter.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}