Occasional Contributor

Enough of the shark bite fashions

Is anyone else over all the "shark bite" fashions? Honestly unless you are a size 2 they don't do a women's figure any good and those long tops LG has are hideous. They look like a baby's onesie. jmho

Super Contributor

Re: Enough of the shark bite fashions

I agree. They draw attention to the widest part of the body and do not hide anything as they would have you believe. If a woman is wide at the hips, she needs tops which have detailing up by the face or shoulders to draw the eye up there instead of calling attention to what's below the waist.

Honored Contributor

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I'm a size 12, and have found a few beautiful ones at Marshalls (one is a Donna Karan) that fit well and don't have the pockets. I wear them over leggings or straight pants. I see them as a trend, and can't imagine them having more than a passing existence. The ones I have --two of them--are not too long, give me a nice waist, and flow gently.

I've seen Lori's new show, and it's clear they sell out, so there is still a strong market. To me, it seems like the same silhouette over and over again with new trims or embellishments. I'm not really interested. And her prices are far beyond what I am willing to pay for this type of item.

Respected Contributor

I use LOGO's shark type tops to wear over my yoga pants and Skinny T to work out when I feel fat. They are perfect for that. They are so flimsy that I take great care of them. I wash them in lingerie bags in woolite and dry flat.

Honored Contributor

/signed

I refuse to buy them.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

All of the uneven hems look like a mess to me. I do not think they flatter anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan--haven't bought any items with that hem and don't plan to buy any
Trusted Contributor

I have few tops like that, but I don't need a lot of them. The type of fabric can make a difference. I would prefer a tunic with a straight hem.

Super Contributor

What if someone IS a size 2? Shouldn't they get to consider certain styles?