Contributor

Unknown certificate (lg306g tracfone) email

Hi. A couple days ago I starting getting an "unknown certificate" message when trying to access my Yahoo email (update box) on my LG306G Tracfone. I'm unable to get any new email because of this issue. Is anyone else having the same issue, and if so, is there a resolution for this problem? I contacted Tracfone directly and they really weren't any help. They updated my account, had me call a 1-866 number, reinsert the battery, etc, etc, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Unknown certificate (lg306g tracfone) email

WVopr, Did you make any changes at all before the problem started? Is the date/time accurate on the phone, particularly the year? That can affect certificate recognition. Perhaps we can keep this thread active so someone else might see it and have other suggestions or questions.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

If you google, there are several queries about this situation affecting Tracfone and yahoo e-mail. Did not see any solutions to the problem.
Contributor

Hi, dooBdoo. I didn't make a single change. As 2cockers1cat mentioned in a later post, others are having the exact same problem but nobody seems to have a solution at this point. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 WVopr said:

Hi, dooBdoo. I didn't make a single change. As 2cockers1cat mentioned in a later post, others are having the exact same problem but nobody seems to have a solution at this point. Smiley Sad

Hi, WVopr! I saw those comments after doing a search. Did you check your date on the phone, to be sure it's accurate?

Sorry you're having problems -- I know how frustrating it can be.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Not applicable

I have had the exact same problem since February 26, 2015! I have contacted Tracfone multiple times (at least over 20 times!) and no one seems to know what to do or understand the problem. We have 2 other Tracfones in our household, and they have the same issue, too. It's just the same instructions - turn the phone off, remove the battery... and every representative will tell you something different. Up until now, everything has been working fairly decently, but I am so disgusted and frustrated with Tracfone's customer service, it is ridiculous!

Contributor

Wuzzie1010, I don't know if we'll ever get this resolved. I posted on several other forums, have chatted with some people who are having the same problem and no one has a solution. I can acess my email through the browser but that's such a clunky way to do it compared to clicking on the email icon. If I ever find a solution I'll let you know via this forum and hope you will do the same.

Super Contributor

I am having a similar problem with yahoo email on my HP tablet. This week I can no longer access my email by clicking on the email icon. I have to type in www.yahoo.com and then click the mail icon. When I click on an email it is in text format. I then have to click on HTML to get the full message.

Maybe the problem is with yahoo, not the phone.

Honored Contributor

What I see on internet searches is probably what the rest of you are seeing. Plenty of complaints and really no solutions thus far.

This link shows 2 pages of reports and weird standardized responses from TracFone support wanting to take the discussion "offline" with, evidently, no helpful results.

link: https://www.tracfoneforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6180&t=543255

One person in the TracFone forum discussion discovered that their Gmail account works, so there's either a problem with Yahoo mail or with the interaction between the phone and Yahoo mail.

However, Barbiedr's comment re: her HP tablet leads me to believe it's essentially a problem Yahoo needs to address and fix.

I'd suggest going to the Yahoo forums and posting questions there, in hopes of getting their attention. Unfortunately, their track record with customer support isn't very good so it might be a while before they respond.

Honored Contributor

Possible resources for help:

Yahoo Customer Care Facebook Page

(link goes to: https://www.facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare)

and

Yahoo Help Central - Ask the Community

(link goes to: https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396546089)

and

Yahoo Customer Care Twitter Account

(link goes to: https://twitter.com/yahoocare)

hth!