Honored Contributor

Treating and covering blemishes and other boo-boos -- need help!!!

I sure hope you can help me!

I have recently been pretty sick and my skin (Rosacea blemishes) is really acting up, I believe as a result of this. I am looking for a product which will cover and possibly even treat the blemishes. Something which does not have all those nasty drying ingredients which causes the face to peel and redden. Something which i don't need -- at all! Something which might even soothe as well as cover.

Does anyone have any suggestions for products? If such a product that does double duty is not in existence, I would at least like one that does decent coverage and lasts.

I appreciate you help!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Treating and covering blemishes and other boo-boos -- need help!!!

My skin has really suffered this winter and I was thinking about trying the Clinique Foundation/concealer combo. It gets some pretty good reviews.
Super Contributor

Sorry you have been ill. You must try Bare Minerals' concealer. It has worked for me for years - on cystic acne, small pimples, weird breakouts on my nose. The color Summer Bisque works for me. There is one lighter shade, but I wouldn't use it unless you are extremely fair. If you use liquid foundation, then the Bisque needs to go over that. What I will sometimes do is use the concealer, then the powder foundation, then more concealer. My husband has even used the bisque if he has a bad rosacea episode.

ETA: Bare Minerals claims to be good for the skin, and I have found that to be true.

Honored Contributor

Bisque by Bareminerals should help and it is not bad for your skin...It helps cover things like that first before applying your foundation!

Respected Contributor

I have gone to using Holika Holika Petite Clearing BB Cream. It covers very well. If I need extra coverage, I use NYX dark circle concealer on my breakouts mixed with NYX HD green concealer to tone down the redness. It doesn't take much so use it sparingly. I put that on before my BB Cream and let my BB cream dry before I go back in and tap a bit more BB Cream on the spots if needed. I usually get my coffee and breakfast on while it dries. Doing that allows my setting powder to set better and not fall into the crevices on my nose and eyes. Letting that foundation dry really makes a difference in your make up.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I forgot to mention that once it dries you can buff it out with a stippling brush to smooth out the pores. I dab it all on and stipple it with a beauty blender knock off. Then let it dry.

Super Contributor

You might also want to try IT cosmetics products. Bye Bye Undereye Concealer is pretty terrific - and you can use that for the face. I use it for the undereye area and any gruesome breakouts. I will sometimes use the Bye Bye first on a blemish, then put the Bare Minerals concealer on top to really set it. The Bye Bye sold at the Q comes with a nice brush that will allow you to stipple it on.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Edward Bess concealer. The best I have ever used and I've used most of the others mentioned.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't think you'll find one product that both treats AND covers things up effectively. I think that for any skin issues like Rosacea or Keratosis Pilaris, Paula's Choice offers some of the most effective treatments to help soothe and prevent flare-ups. After that, which products you use are up a matter of preference and skintone. (I'm very fair and can't use It Cosmetics redness cover up, for example.) You should check out this Lisa Eldridge makeup video I just came across yesterday. She addressed covering up redness and Rosacea.

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/26731/makeup-tips-for-redness-and-rosacea-plus-a-simple-statement-...

I don't have Rosacea, but I sometimes get redness and dry, flakey patches from skin irritation. For me, personally, when that happens, I try to avoid cosmetics and back off to the simplest skincare possible. It's not super attractive, but it heals much faster when I leave it alone than it does when I try to cover it up.