Regular Contributor

Totally O/T....need recs on a good mid-sized SUV

Looking to buy a new vehicle soon. Looking for a mid-sized SUV. Any recs?? I have driven the Honda CRV....liked it, but it's too small. Anyone have a Toyota Highlander, or Jeep Cherokee, or GMC Terrain, or GMC Acadia?? Looking at the 25K-28K price range. Would really love to get leather seats if I could. Any suggestions would be great.

Respected Contributor

Re: Totally O/T....need recs on a good mid-sized SUV

I too thought the CRV was too small. I had a Venza for 6 months and hated it. I now have a Subaru Outback. LOVE it! I have fully loaded except for nav and was able to negotiate it down to a number pretty close to the top of your price range.
Honored Contributor

Is a Forester too small for you? That will be my next SUV.

I have had two Santa Fe's. Love the AWD, but both have had issues and they have gotten too expensive, IMO.

I going back to Subaru.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Jeep Patriot and feel very secure w/out it being too big. It really hugs the road and is very good in inclement weather.

Respected Contributor

We had Foresters and had real issues w/the engines. No problems w/Jeep or Rav4.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE my Toyota Highlander (now 3 years old) but I don't know if you can get a new one for $28,000. Kind of doubt it.................especially with leather seats.

Super Contributor

We bought a Ford Escape over a year ago and love it! Good luck with whatever you buy!
Super Contributor

We just bought a new Toyota Rav 4...don't know if that is too small for you? but I love that car!!

Valued Contributor

We had a jeep grand Cherokee, we loved it!
Honored Contributor

I totally recommend a car like I drive (Acura MDX SUV). I was rear ended by a guy who was going 60 MPH.

My insurance company paid a few dollars short of $20,000 to fix my car. No one could believe it (especially my autobody guy).

Before I bought the car (I could have bought any car) I looked up and Consumer Reports said it was one of the safest cars on the road.

It sure did protect me. I am going to get another new car within the next few months. I will get the same kind of car. It held it's value and I haven't had to put any money in it for repair costs. My friend could have bought any kind of car but ended up buying an Acura MDX because she was so impressed with the way it protected me and the way it drove.