Super Contributor

Today I used Mally's Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Peacock Feathers on the top of my eye only. It went on well and I felt great as I headed out for work. A few hours later when I saw myself in a mirror....yikes! The liner had smudged onto the top of my lid--my lids seem a bit oily at times and rather hooded. So not only did I have the eyeliner I applied in the AM but I also had eyeliner on my lid--it looked horrible--like I didn't finish applying all of my eye makeup.

I used a primer on my lid but also read recently the need to use eye shadow to help with any smudging from the liner.

Any suggestions or constructive feedback would be most appreciated--THANK YOU!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Smudging Eye Liner--HELP!

If you really like that particular eyeliner brand and color you can try sealing it with something like Makeup Forever's Aqua Seal. I personally don't like Mally's eye liners. I prefer Stila or MAC's gel liners.
Respected Contributor

These eyeliners from Mally did the exact same thing on me, didn't last at all.

Frequent Contributor

Don't use a lot of moisturizer. I have always used face powder for many years. Now, after I put pencil eye liner on, I use a big puffy brush and tap the powder into my eye lids. Then brush the excess off. Works for me.

Respected Contributor

I use and love Mally's Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner use them in both deep olive and gunmetal since I line my lower lash line as well and these 2 colors work for both top and bottom lining for me.

I do put my cheapie $1 ELF lid primer on first that so many mentioned about here on these boards. You just need a little bit(comes in a tube, glass, with a sponge tip applicator) and let it completely dry. I usually put this on right after my foundation than do the rest of my makeup then my eye lining last so the primer is totally dry, works for me. I get sheer.

Esteemed Contributor

I never found anything to be "bullet-proof" in the Mally line. She can demonstrate those rubs all she wants.

I think it's the formula, plain and simple.

Whatever skincare I use on my face, I also use all around my eyes, and then on top of that, I use eye serum and eye cream. (I don't have dry or oily skin.)

But I never have a problem with Sephora waterproof eye liners.

I don't use any other eye primers because I do not like them.

Respected Contributor

I love Physician's Formula eyeliner that comes in the 3pack and is for enhancing specific eye color. It is very smudge-proof once it sets. It's my favorite. I use all the colors even Thor my eyes are green. It's inexpensive and it stays put. I do like using Mally shadow sticks for eyeliner.
Contributor

I had the exact same problem and went on a search for eyeliners that don't smudge or travel. The best ones I have found are Merle Norman. They have beautiful colors and they do not travel on me at all. All of the others did

Super Contributor

Thanks so much to all of the feedback and suggestions: I appreciate you all taking the time to respond!

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Harpa said:

I never found anything to be "bullet-proof" in the Mally line. She can demonstrate those rubs all she wants.

I think it's the formula, plain and simple.

Whatever skincare I use on my face, I also use all around my eyes, and then on top of that, I use eye serum and eye cream. (I don't have dry or oily skin.)

But I never have a problem with Sephora waterproof eye liners.

I don't use any other eye primers because I do not like them.

Sadly, me, too, Harpa.....