Super Contributor

Diane Keaton photo shop on L Oreal commercials...

{#emotions_dlg.scared} Wow...no wonder they sell so much makeup! People believe she looks as good as the commercial. I admire Diane for not going the route of Hollywood as far as tons of plastic surgery, fillers and botox... but doing these commercials is like trying to fool the public to think that make up or skin cream is going to make you look like her photo in the commercial. I do not think she should do them unless it shows her as she is in real life... how Diane chooses to face the world. Natural in her beauty. No shame it that.. but the commercials by L'Oreal are a farce and a lie. I would suppose the money is SO GOOD $$$$$$ that even Diane will go against her morals for the almighty buck.

Sorry I could not get the website address so you could click onto it... sometimes it works and sometimes it don't!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/loreal-diane-keaton-commercial_n_4591313.html

Respected Contributor

Re: Diane Keaton photo shop on L Oreal commercials...

Maybe it's time as women (and men) we wake up and see the writing on the wall! It's about ""marketing"" and ""making a profit!"" Remember..... Filters on cameras do a lot! Look at ""mascara"" commercials.....just one example of ""marketing tactics!"" Smiley Happy
Contributor

Not really much of a surprise. Golden Globes appearance just brought it to the forefront again. So much has been written lately showing how easily marketers can and do dupe us. My biggest pet peeve of late is the horrible bright lighting of faces. Seems to highlight the eyes and wash out any ages related lines. John Tesh is the current worse. But I also tip my Annie Hall hat to Ms. Keaton for not succumbing to the pressures of Hollywood plastic pushers.
Super Contributor

In the UK they are not allowed to erase some of the wrinkles, so their commercials look alot more real. Diane Keaton looks too good to be real to me! The other one is that dark haired woman I think her name is Andie McDowell or something like that (she is always on the Hallmark shows). She looks like shes 25 in the hair & makeup commercials & shes really in her 50's!

Valued Contributor

Frequent Contributor

There was a commercial with Diane Keaton during the Golden Globe Awards, so it was easy to compare how she looked during the commercial versus on the awards show. On the show, she had noticeable wrinkles, while on the commercial she was smooth--I'm assuming filtered by the cameras or photo-shopped. While I am glad she hasn't succumbed to the pressure to have multiple cosmetic surgeries, I am disappointed that she didn't look as good on the Golden Globes as she did on the (fake) commercial. Either she doesn't use L'Oreal, or whatever makeup it is that she promotes, or she knowingly advertises something that doesn't work. Bummer. I like Diane Keaton.

Respected Contributor

I've seen her on talk shows.....she looks her age, and those ads are misleading. They should be ashamed of themselves.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 1/14/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Here's a side-by-side of her GG look w/ a L'Oreal ad still.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10570532/LOreal-Photoshop-fail-Diane-Keaton-Golden-Glo...

WOW! This is so wrong, on so many levels.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I still like her. She probably does use L'Oreal but she wouldn't have any control over how much the advertiser decides to air brush her photos. She was paid to do the advertising and she did, the rest is up to L'Oreal.

No makeup or skincare is going remove wrinkles anyway, they might soften them a bit but that's about all, so no one should expect any miracles. There are some topicals that work well, like retin-a and vitamin C, and, of course, using sunscreen but even those big guns can't fix everything.

I never believe makeup and skincare photographs myself but that doesn't mean I won't try a product myself, but I don't tend to believe I will look like any photographs if do.

Honored Contributor

She actually looks to be in her 70's in the GGs pic. Imagine w/o the hair and makeup. Wonder if she smoked or sun worshipped?

Suzanne Somers is a perfect example of how well, filters and lighting (and camera distance) can make you look like kid. She looks to be in her 30's or 40's in some of those LIVE shots on the shopping channels. But up close and personal and she is very wrinkled and freckled/spotted.