Beauty Offers Ending
85 Members and 17159 Guests Online

bareMinerals

Bare Minerals ~~ Bare Skin Serum Foundation ~~ Up For Advance Purchase!!!

Started 1392786198.047 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1395259621.15 by dkh

Advance orders ship 4/8/14. Rats :-( The size is just one oz. Not impressed with that, but it looks and applies BEautifully.

SPF 20 w/ Brush

A257445 AD

A256043 Single Ship

2 Videos with Jessica

Leslie's take on the Serum Foundation.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/leslie-blodgett/bareskin-serum-foundation/746983311993709

Advance Order Price:

$39.96

Shipping & Handling: $4.97

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

Page 1 of 2
gatorgal251392823075.5373033 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007

I have tried Skinn's serum foundation and love it, but there is no SPF, so I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks for posting!

Sandgirl1392823438.717387 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 11%

Inactive Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium
Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene
Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract,
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol.

May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

BarkLessWa­gMore1392824052.56145 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

You can read about it on BE's website too. It looks like the foundation won't be released elsewhere (including BE) until May 1st. The brush and foundation are a deal on the Q, even with the shipping, but I don't get why anyone would do the AD since they're charging $29 which is full price on BE + shipping (free on BE and most everywhere else with a $50 purchase). I'll just buy it from BE since they have Bare Porcelain and the Q isn't carrying it (boo!).

edited to include the BE link:

http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareSkin-Pure-Brightening-Serum-Foundation-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-20/USmasterbareskin,default,pd.html

Last edited on 2/19/2014

twokats1392824444.66126 PostsRegistered 9/22/2007

I wear medium beige in the orinigal, what shade do you think would be closest?

4downthesh­ore1392824580.8672429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA

Thank's for this post. I just ordered bare linen. Hope I got the color right. I wear fairly light in the loose & Medium in the READY.. For anyone looking for shade help go to the BE web site. That helped me choose...Scroll over "what's new" & click on bare serum foundation & then click learn more.

Last edited on 2/19/2014

BarkLessWa­gMore1392825022.983145 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

It looks like BE is going the "cool" "neutral" "golden" route with the shades so I'm going to buy the Bare Linen which is the lightest neutral shade. I'm usually "fair" so I don't know if this will work. Ivory looks really yellow and the Shell a bit too pink. It's so hard to tell without swatches tho. I figure I can buy Porcelain directly from BE in May and mix the two and that should work if Linen isn't light enough. It's a deal with the brush so I'm going to hope for the best.

Last edited on 2/19/2014

susan_ca1392825372.5632191 PostsRegistered 4/18/2013

$29 at BE; too bad it's not available to order there. Don't think I'll be ordering it any time soon anyway 'cus I am in love with PTR cc cream ... have been using it without any foundation.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Crack-Up" (1936)

RetiredATC1392827378.603101 PostsRegistered 10/28/2009

Just want to say that I am 60 and love the Original, matte and ready. I wish it was out in the stores first. That way, we all could try to color match first, before ordering. I gave away my first A-D of the ready foundation because the shading wasn't the same as the original or matte, and it was way too wrong for me. By the time I called up customer service, I was holding my breath that I would not be told that the shade I wanted (after going to Ulta to try on) was no longer available for the remaining deliveries. Things worked out then. It's great that some of you can order the proper shade online, but I can't. Going to wait to read reviews about the shading, and then testing for myself at Ulta of BE, before even considering trying. The shade names and numbers aren't even close to what I am used to for BE. I know I will be missing out on the advanced price, but that's ok. Have fun with this and, please, give reviews to help out others!

BarkLessWa­gMore1392827736.903145 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

@RetiredATC I know what you mean about shade matching. It is such a difficult thing to do online. I typically have to buy two colors and make my own blend depending on my current level of pale. I use BE Fair and mix in Fairly Light in the summer. I did the adv order and will share my review once it arrives.

LovemyBE1392835700.21325588 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008
This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

viva9231392847362.2877305 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

I did pre order. I wear loose medium beige year round.

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

ajonesone1392849783.807632 PostsRegistered 10/28/2006
On 2/19/2014 LovemyBE said: This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Love I was thinking the same thing, why are they going liquid when they have done so well with the powder, and I mean the loose powders not the ready foundation, I had zero luck with that, and I too will pass on this foundation.

suzyQ31392849814.9526729 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 2/19/2014 viva923 said:

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

Those are the two shades I was debating between.

~ CHOICE ~

theatrebiz1392850573.951078 PostsRegistered 8/23/2007

I jumped. I actually NEED foundation. I am about halfway thru an original fair (and although I have tons of blush and bisque in my stash, no foundation). I have been thinking about trying something different. I have been tempted to go back to a non-powder foundation, but didn't want to leave BE...problem solved!

Michele

BE Beauty1392851497.087164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

I am going to wait until Friday to order when it is presented. I think Bare Linen is my color. I am fairly light in loose, and Ready, and a netural. I love that the drops go into the reservoir of the brush. Interesting!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} April seems so far away. Can't wait to try this.

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

jordan21392853646.9932478 PostsRegistered 3/16/2010

I caved and ordered. I noticed that QVC isn't offering the fair shades just the light. I never know if I am fair or light. I ordered the Bare Shell and hope it's not too dark for me.

suzyQ31392855748.99326729 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 2/19/2014 jordan2 said:

I caved and ordered. I noticed that QVC isn't offering the fair shades just the light. I never know if I am fair or light. I ordered the Bare Shell and hope it's not too dark for me.

I hope that works for you, jordan2. But even on the BE site where they show all 20 shades, there's only one lighter than the Bare Shell shade. It's Bare Porcelain "for the fairest porcelain skin with cool undertones."

~ CHOICE ~

Bethee1392857144.7111901 PostsRegistered 10/26/2007VA
On 2/19/2014 ajonesone said:
On 2/19/2014 LovemyBE said: This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Love I was thinking the same thing, why are they going liquid when they have done so well with the powder, and I mean the loose powders not the ready foundation, I had zero luck with that, and I too will pass on this foundation.

For those of you on FB, Leslie has a note (longer post) about it and why putting out a liquid. It sort of makes sense (marketing/money-wise) but I agree, Love. Only good I see ordering from the Q is the brush since I imagine that will cost over $28 on it's own when/if they sell it like that. Maybe if I win the lotto, I could just splurge and buy it!! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

ginabfly1392857612.761497 PostsRegistered 5/2/2013sw burbs of chicago, IL

Sounds interesting, especially with the brush. I love BE Original & Ready, I wonder if I would love this, because I haven't found a liquid foundation I've liked since switching to BE years ago.

If I were to try, I think Bare Shell would work for me since I now wear Fairly Medium in Original? And in the summer when I wear Medium, I guess Bare Satin would work? I assume those would be right for my cool tones.....

Tempting, but should I bother?

ginabfly - naturally blonde long wavy hair, blue eyes, skinetone is light with pink undertones (fairly medium).

ginabfly1392857945.0131497 PostsRegistered 5/2/2013sw burbs of chicago, IL

So this is being presented on Friday 2/21/14, but wont ship until April 8???

ginabfly - naturally blonde long wavy hair, blue eyes, skinetone is light with pink undertones (fairly medium).

vmnsc1392864414.4836791 PostsRegistered 1/31/2010SC
On 2/19/2014 Bethee said:
On 2/19/2014 ajonesone said:

For those of you on FB, Leslie has a note (longer post) about it and why putting out a liquid. It sort of makes sense (marketing/money-wise) but I agree, Love. Only good I see ordering from the Q is the brush since I imagine that will cost over $28 on it's own when/if they sell it like that. Maybe if I win the lotto, I could just splurge and buy it!! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I'm with all of you on this one! In the past minerals were the best for your face & to see this "liquid" from BE? This really is the last straw for me! Just hope they keep selling my matte "minerals" !

vmnsc aka "V" call me "V"
"Children are the Rainbow of Life." Grand Children are the "Pot of Gold".
In memory of "Hannah Belle" ....I miss you so......03/18/2013

LoveShelti­es1392912181.12583 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012I will always be a transplanted NY'er no matter where I live.

I just ordered the bare natural, as I only use BE makeup. I will let you know how it compares to the original ( still my favorite)

"Life smiles on those who smile at life"

Former Cosmetologist for Revson Inc.(Revlon)
Realtor
Red Hair, Fair skin, Blue Eyes

azterry!1392919170.2776252 PostsRegistered 10/20/2011valley of the sun,az

Hi everyone.

I don't normally post in the BE forum, but I wanted to give a heads up about this foundation.

I got some samples and tried them this week. I don't have sensitive skin, but I now have a hive-type rash on one side of my face and down my neck on both sides. I've thought and thought about what could have happened and the only thing I've used different from my regular products is that foundation.

I'm sure it's just something that just didn't agree with me, but I would suggest doing a patch test if you order it.

BTW, it was a nice finish. Very light and skin-like....until the hives erupted! LOL!

BeagleMama1392923505.95712 PostsRegistered 3/7/2006
On 2/20/2014 azterry! said:

Hi everyone.

I don't normally post in the BE forum, but I wanted to give a heads up about this foundation.

I got some samples and tried them this week. I don't have sensitive skin, but I now have a hive-type rash on one side of my face and down my neck on both sides. I've thought and thought about what could have happened and the only thing I've used different from my regular products is that foundation.

I'm sure it's just something that just didn't agree with me, but I would suggest doing a patch test if you order it.

BTW, it was a nice finish. Very light and skin-like....until the hives erupted! LOL!

I'm sorry that you had an adverse reaction, and thank you for warning people to do a patch test first.

Where did you get your samples from? I would love to get a sample of a couple different shades in order to see which one is the best for my skin tone.

marylovexo1392928473.96369 PostsRegistered 1/10/2014
On 2/19/2014 viva923 said:

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

I think your best match will be bare natural. On bareminerals website it tells you the description for each color. Bare natural is for medium skin with natural undertones (mediumbeige) . Bare satin is for medium skin with cool undertones.

Page 1 of 2