New Contributor

I'm new to Philosophy and Purity after my favorite eye makeup remover seems to have been discontinued.  I bought the TSV Purity and it smells like wasp spray.  Considering all the great reviews on this product I'm curious if it's supposed to smell this way?

Trusted Contributor

I tried purity years ago, it dried my face like crazy.  I waited for awhile and tried it again, too harsh for my face.  I haven't tried since.  I really don't think it was a pleasant (like citrus or such) smell, as I would have remembered that aspect .

Respected Contributor

I could never really identify Purity's smell.  It did not have a citrusy smell to me.  I did use it for a while and it worked well for me but I didn't love it enough to keep buying it. 

Respected Contributor

I just sniffed my 32 oz and can't say that is smells like wasp spray. Just smells soapy and kind of generic to me. I will say that in the few times I have gotten some in my mouth by accident it tastes terrible.

It is a great make up remover though. Be sure to mix with water and massage in.

Trusted Contributor

Don't worry if you have a different opinion about purity...I tried it a few years ago.  I cannot use it.  Burned my eyes and dried out my face.  I was in the store that started with "U" and they were wanting to clean my face before trying on a foundation and wanted to use Purity.  I told them to keep that stuff away from me.  She never heard of someone not liking it.  Just a couple of seconds later, another woman was walking by and heard our conversation, and she said the same thing as me.  She didn't like Purity either for the same reason. 

Some people love it, and some people can't use it.  Everyone is different. 

Regular Contributor

I just smelled mine and it definitely doesn't smell like wasp spray or any type of bug spray. Mine seems void of scent. 

New Contributor

I guess the only thing that is proven is that they aren't consistant.  Mine definitely isnt void of scent or smell like soap.  

Frequent Contributor

Mine definitely does NOT smell like wasp spray, although I must admit I'm not sure what exactly wasp spray smells like except I assume icky. 😀. I love my Purity for face and body and it loves me!  I find mine has a faint scent that is refreshing and clean but does not linger.  It has made my very acne scarred skin, that used to always be red and irritated and I was unable to tolerate any moisturizer it was so sensitive into soft, no longer red or irritated skin and I know my Purity along with my Josie Maran argan oil has improved my skin so much so that for the first time in my 50+ years I actually get compliments on my skin from people who've known me for years and they always ask "what are you using"?  I've even converted friends and family into Purity and Josie Maran users!

I really wonder if you somehow got a bad batch.  Although after reading the negative replies I'm not sure.  I guess what is magic for some isn't so for others which is why there's so many successful beauty products available.

I highly recommend you return it!  If it's been over the 30 day limit I'd call customer service and explain the problem and if you experience the great customer service I always have from the q they WILL allow you to return it and give you a full refund!

Good luck to you on finding what works for you!

Respected Contributor

@judEve wrote:

Mine definitely does NOT smell like wasp spray, although I must admit I'm not sure what exactly wasp spray smells like except I assume icky. 😀. I love my Purity for face and body and it loves me!  I find mine has a faint scent that is refreshing and clean but does not linger.  It has made my very acne scarred skin, that used to always be red and irritated and I was unable to tolerate any moisturizer it was so sensitive into soft, no longer red or irritated skin and I know my Purity along with my Josie Maran argan oil has improved my skin so much so that for the first time in my 50+ years I actually get compliments on my skin from people who've known me for years and they always ask "what are you using"?  I've even converted friends and family into Purity and Josie Maran users!

I really wonder if you somehow got a bad batch.  Although after reading the negative replies I'm not sure.  I guess what is magic for some isn't so for others which is why there's so many successful beauty products available.

I highly recommend you return it!  If it's been over the 30 day limit I'd call customer service and explain the problem and if you experience the great customer service I always have from the q they WILL allow you to return it and give you a full refund!

Good luck to you on finding what works for you!

I am inclined to agree. I would return it too.

You might go to one of the many stores that carry it and try a tester...see what you smell.

Contributor

I've used it for a while. I haven't really thought about the smell, it works and cleanses but it makes my skin dry.