Valued Contributor

Hi all.  I am new to Philosophy and have purchased the holiday 6 piece shower gel set to try.  Can you tell me - does Philosophy leave your skin soft?  My skin is starting to get dry due to the chilly weather and I need something moisturizing.  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

i am new to it also. i use the shower gel for shampoo also because they said you could works well on my hair,. the shower gel does keep my skin soft. but I also wash my hands about 50 times a day since I work in food service and I still have soft hands.. 

New Contributor

I love Philosophy and have used the skin care and 3 in 1's for years. However, I don't find them to be be too moisturizing, especially in the winter. I still supplement with lotion quite a bit. But I love the scents...they make the shower feel like a luxury!

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't consider them drying, nor would I call them moisturizing, either - I feel clean, they rinse off easily, and my skin feels good, but to me they wouldn't replace all over moisturizer (I do enjoy the feel and fragrance while using!).

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't say it is moisurizing - but I wouldn't say it is drying either. If you get very dry, you'll probably still want to follow with a moisturizer. I know they have some olive oil formula shower gels which might be more on the moisturizing side.

Super Contributor

I don't find the shower gels to add a lot of moisture.  I used to have trouble with dry skin too, but not since I started using the Body Souffle.  It is AWESOME!  I have also tried the regular moisturizer, and the body cream as well.  All are good, but I really like the souffle.  I'm half way through my first 16 oz jar of the Fresh Cream.  Even when I used to use the body lotion, when I was ready for my next shower, my skin would be dry again.  Not now.  My skin is so soft, even after a shower and before I ready to put more on. 

I have to say that I really love the Fresh Cream smell too.  My husband always says he thinks I'm baking cookies. :-)

I have it on auto-delivery!