Contributor

New purity mask - Kaolin question

Has anyone tried the new Purity Mask that has used other Kaolin clay masks before?

Everyone seems to love this mask but I've used drugstore Kaolin clay masks my whole life and wonder if this would be any different.

Honored Contributor

Re: New purity mask - Kaolin question

Are you referring to th new Pore Extractor Mask?  I just received it and haven't opened it because now I'm not sure if it is more for acne/blackheads?  I'm 70+ and bought it to help the look of "pores", but I don't know if this is appropriate for my age.  Does anyone know?

Honored Contributor

I tried it last night and I liked it.  Will use it a few more times before I decide  if it is worth keeping.  I don't want it to be too drying since I'm older.  Also, I don't really have blackheads, but it seemed to leave my skin very soft and smooth.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 69 and love this mask! Don't have blackheads, but do have pores. Years ago I used an OTC salicylic acid (0.5%) bar soap which was so much easier. Have written to Philosophy about research and developing such a product for sale. In the meantime, I'll continue to use this mask two or three times per week. However, I do not keep it on my face for the five minutes (too drying). I let it become completely white and just dry; then remove it with water or in the shower. The soft skin, the youthful glow and the decreased pores are immediate. The results seem to last a day or two. With continued use, I expect that to increase. (Wonder if that's wishful thinking? HA!)

Money screams; wealth whispers.