Honored Contributor

Re: My theory on Philosophy scent staying power & why it probably won't change

I have trouble smelling and tasting things.....However, I used to be able to smell Amazing Grace after I'd worn it and put it on again......

I used to have people ask me what I was wearing and tell me I smell so good.  

I know all about noseblind but I also know when something doesn't have staying power.  This has been changed so much it  is sad.

I sometimes wear Channel No. 5, hummm??? No noseblind there....It's a difference in the watered down stuff.  I don't mind paying good money for something that lasts, but Philosophy has gotten to the point that it's stupid.  I'm going to just stop buying it and giving it away.  I'm tired of being a sucker for something that doesn't last.  

I've asked people I know if they can smell it and they tell me NO!  So I know it's not just me.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy fragrance has always been very light. That was the way Cristina intended the products to be.
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I've been using philosophy since 2000 and haven't noticed a difference in the scent.  I spritz some on in the morning.  I don't smell it all day, but once and a while I will get a whiff. 

I'm sure there has been a change to the formulation. I can't tell in the actual scent of the fragrance, but every single Grace fragrance used to give me a terrible headache after about 10 minutes of exposure. It was awful. I get the exact same headache from Sarah Horowitz fragrances and I think it has to do with the musk that is used in them because that was the note they all had in common. I loved the scent of Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Perfect Veil (Sarah Horowitz), but there was no way I could wear any of them because of the headache. I couldn't even be in a room with someone else who was wearing them.

Now I can wear the Grace fragrances, but the Sarah Horowitz fragrances still give me the same terrible headache that they all used to give me. That tells me something in the Grace fragrances has definitely changed.

Honored Contributor

I have been wearing AG for years.  I don't smell it anymore except when I'm doing sheets and towels when the hot water hits it, I get a burst of AG.

Others smell it.  The joke in my company is that when you give directions to my office, "its the one that smells really nice when you walk by."

A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker and I took my car to get supplies and when she got into my car she said, "wow your car smells really nice, my car smells like teenagers."

I've had dates where guys will tell me they can still smell my perfume during the week in their cars.

When Philosophy stopped making the roll on EDP oil (not the roll on EDP liquid that they sell now), I used to smell it all day.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I bought one of each of the TSV scents offered and the Baby Grace ODO. I have tried them all now and I can smell the scents on me all day - 6am until bedtime. I have no complaints.