Respected Contributor

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW MY PHILOSOPHY SCENTS ?

they are listed on the Philosophy website: empowered, truthful, compassion,grateful, etc. I don't see them here on QVC, not on Ulta website but I do see some mixed reviews on the Sephora website for some but not all of the scents.   I am anxious to see if they are worth 40 bucks each. If anyone has tried the scents, give us feedback please. Sephora is a distance for me. Wondering  when they will be brought to the Q.   Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW MY PHILOSOPHY SCENTS ?

I placed an order at Sephora when I saw that they had sample sizes of these as a GWP. I was really excited to try them, but they don't smell like Philosophy scents. They are more "perfumey". I love Philosophy because the scents are so clean & fresh & not like a perfume smell. I thought I would love the  Creamy Vanilla & the Warm Citrus. Hated both & the Cashmere Woods. I like the Watery Floral, Fruity Blossom & Sparkling Musk, but, again, they aren't like the Philosophy scents that I use. Amazing Grace & Falling In Love are my 2 favorites.

Respected Contributor

Dusty 1 said :

I placed an order at Sephora when I saw that they had sample sizes of these as a GWP. I was really excited to try them, but they don't smell like Philosophy scents. They are more "perfumey". I love Philosophy because the scents are so clean & fresh & not like a perfume smell. I thought I would love the  Creamy Vanilla & the Warm Citrus. Hated both & the Cashmere Woods. I like the Watery Floral, Fruity Blossom & Sparkling Musk, but, again, they aren't like the Philosophy scents that I use. Amazing Grace & Falling In Love are my 2 favorites.

Thanks, wonder if they will bring them to the Q in a sample try me kit.  I liked the fresh clean scent of Amazing grace before they changed it, was hoping for at least a similar scent that last. I don't like heavy perfumes.
Respected Contributor

From the descriptions I would have totally picked the ones I don't like, so either I suck at describing scents or I don't know what I like! LOL

I hope you get a chance to smell these inperson. I'm really glad that I didn't take the leap & buy ANY of the full sizes. Not, at all, what I was expecting.

Honored Contributor

I bought the set of coffers, and they are all nice scents. The scent can be applied lightly, and lasts most of the day. I agree that these are not the beloved Philosophy core fragrances, but they smell good to my nose. I am glad to own this set, as it is packaged very Philosophy like, and I used one of the promotional sales, so did not pay full price.

Trusted Contributor

I went to Sephora to sample them. They are really different in that they are more like traditional perfumes. All of them smell varying levels of good to me, but the cashmere woods is the least good. I LOVE the vanilla, citrus, and fruit. The musk and floral are lovely. I wouldn't necessarily choose them to wear alone, but they are good. I mixed the must with the vanilla to sample them on my wrist. The smell lasted all day and smelled amazing.

Trusted Contributor

So, I ended up picking up the layering kit yesterday which is a good price for what you get, but not cheap ($85). A Philosophy rep was in store and taught me how to layer the scents. Oh my GOODNESS it was like magic. Really! The scents I didn't love alone I LOVED layered. The scent was defintely stronger going on, but it didn't stay strong. It lasted, but in a subtle way. Delicious!

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried any of the newer Philosophy scents since Coty bought them out.  I still have a lot of AG, FIL and IG from before that and will use it up and then find something else.

To me (and my nose and allergies) Coty has gotten completely away from what made Philosophy special and different.  It also seems to me that, the minute you find something you like, they discontinue it and move on to the next "new thing".