Occasional Contributor

Re: Disappointed Long Time Philosophy Buyer

I have switched to L'Occitane fo my body.....since Coty bought Philosophy ALL their products have went downhill fast!!!!  It's like drugstore brands now, nothing special anymore.  I used Philosophy for many many years it really broke my heart!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with everything said. I really miss the fun seasonal shower gels that were clean scented and spot on to their name. I have also noticed how perfumey the scents have become. I remember when Bath&BodyWorks first opened and they had scents that were fresh and clean scented in fun fragrances. Over the years, they have become so perfumey and chemical laden, I can no longer even step inside the store without triggering my asthma.

I think that Philosophy is moving in that same direction. I feel like they now have products with premium prices and drugstore scents. Last year, I ordered the orange cocoa and cream shower gel and all I could smell was chemicals.  It was very disappointing and costly to return. Most of the Christmas scents now seem to be perfumey florals with random festive seasonal names. I'm about to give up on Philosophy. The thrill is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@KweenB If I remember right this happened with Tova's Fragrance as well, I can't remember any of the details but I thought I remembered reading this as well?

Trusted Contributor

I've been doing some research on philosophy and testing on animals. I keep finding that they don't. I've read here that they do. Can someone who knows please share how you found out? TIA

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I've been doing some research on philosophy and testing on animals. I keep finding that they don't. I've read here that they do. Can someone who knows please share how you found out? TIA

@Renata

I suggest you contact Philosophy directly for an answer phone # is 1 800 love 151.

I agree that Philosophy has definitely lost the special touch they once held for me. I opened a 3 piece holiday kit with 6 ounce 3 in 1's that I have had for quite a while, and was amazed at how much better the formula is in these, than the new ones. I have a lot of older sets to last a long time. I hope they don't turn bad. What I am seeing is they are offering the same few scents, with nothing new. The holiday sets were a big disappointment for me. I don't care for all the huge super sizes, and the TSV in particular for holiday was disappointing for me. I did not buy it. I am glad they brought Baby Grace back, and I do like the Orange Cocoa and Cream, and Fresh Cream. They have done a good job with these in my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

I think whenever a popular brand is sold, the new owners mess with a good thing and make changes. Most of the time those changes--which are typically not customer-friendly-- are made to lower cost and increase profits. Sadly, the original Philosophy brand is gone.