Super Contributor

Back to Nurture Gelee vs Time in a Bottle

This was the best serum that I have ever used for my very dry skin.  This great product has been discontinued.  I called Philosophy for some advice concerning a replacement, but the company has nothing to offer.  I am considering Time in a Bottle.  When Hope Is Not Enough seems to be the only other alternative, and that does nothing for me.  It seems to be quite drying.  Have any of you used Time in a Bottle?    Some of the reviews describe a glowing look.  That is what I need for my dry skin.  My skin is going through gelee withdrawal.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Back to Nurture Gelee vs Time in a Bottle

I suffered with horrible dry skin for years.  I finally had someone give me Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream - it's rather thick, but I put it on at night and my face would feel so dewy in the morning.  It's not for everyone, but it's very healing also - I had almost psoriasis on my face - open raw areas - and it healed those areas - I no longer suffer with whatever it was.  I just use it occasionally now - my dry skin problem seems to have corrected itself. 

Super Contributor

Re: Back to Nurture Gelee vs Time in a Bottle

@Kcubed wrote:

This was the best serum that I have ever used for my very dry skin.  This great product has been discontinued.  I called Philosophy for some advice concerning a replacement, but the company has nothing to offer.  I am considering Time in a Bottle.  When Hope Is Not Enough seems to be the only other alternative, and that does nothing for me.  It seems to be quite drying.  Have any of you used Time in a Bottle?    Some of the reviews describe a glowing look.  That is what I need for my dry skin.  My skin is going through gelee withdrawal.  

@Kcubed, I agree that the Back to Nurture serum was a godsend for dry skin!   It was an improvement on the previous WHINE 3-6-9 serum, and similar to the previous WHINE Peptide Capsules, as far as texture and benefits.

I am not sure if they referred you to the daytime or nighttime version of the WHINE serum.  But I think the new nighttime version of the WHINE serum is very good!  The texture is almost exactly the same as the old Back to Nurture serum, and works just as well, if not better - due to the added firming properties.  I actually now prefer the nighttime WHINE serum over the regular daytime version.  As soon as I finish the day version, I will just use the nighttime version in it's place.

Hope that helps!