Respected Contributor

ATTENTION Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Lovers

Or those who want to try it but don't have a TJ nearby....

Aldi now carries it!    It's under one of their own brand labels, but it's the same stuff.  So far they only have the plain one, but maybe they'll add the one with chocolate if the response is good.  Cat Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: ATTENTION Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Lovers

This is bad news for me.  There is an Aldi's 5 minutes from where we live,

and I'm trying to avoid sugar!!!

Respected Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl wrote:

Or those who want to try it but don't have a TJ nearby....

Aldi now carries it!    It's under one of their own brand labels, but it's the same stuff.  So far they only have the plain one, but maybe they'll add the one with chocolate if the response is good.  Cat Happy

Is it a cookie dough or a baked cookie?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

It's a spread (like peanut butter) and it's delicious!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, someone not long ago here talked about this butter.  And yes, the last trip to my Aldi's I saw it.  Thanks to Ms Mtc who clarified what this stuff is because I had no idea either. 

My Aldi's always keeps me on my toes - I never know what I'll find there.  They're always bringing in great new items that I LOVE to try.  So much goodness at Aldi's. 

I'm still waiting for the Benita brand chicken tamales to make a return.  Oh my goodness - these are HOLY COW TASTY!!!!!!  Everytime I go, I look for these because you also never know when a great find will be found again!!!!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

You know, someone not long ago here talked about this butter.  And yes, the last trip to my Aldi's I saw it.  Thanks to Ms Mtc who clarified what this stuff is because I had no idea either. 

My Aldi's always keeps me on my toes - I never know what I'll find there.  They're always bringing in great new items that I LOVE to try.  So much goodness at Aldi's. 

I'm still waiting for the Benita brand chicken tamales to make a return.  Oh my goodness - these are HOLY COW TASTY!!!!!!  Everytime I go, I look for these because you also never know when a great find will be found again!!!!

Ooooh, thank you for the head's up on those chicken tamales.  None of my Aldi's have the cookie butter but they do have tamales in the store right now . . . not sure if they are the same ones but now I know what to look for . . . thank YOU!

Honored Contributor

OH Ms MTC - I'll trade you butter for tamals!!!!!!!  Oh I'm so jealous you have tamals.  Seriously???!!! A box of eight!!!!  Oh I NEED some.  I have one box of 4 I think that I'm hoarding in my freezer.  Want to eat them for dinner but then they'll be gone.

BUTTER FOR TAMALS?  Pls advise!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Ms. Pinkdogwood my friend, you hang on . . . I am heading there tomorrow and will report back asap . . . I have your order written down so hopefully I will have good news! . . . Smiley Happy

I know what it's like to hoard valuable vittles . . . I have some Bobby Chez burgers that I dole out (to myself) one a month . . . tee hee!

Honored Contributor

I saw it at Aldi's after reading about on the forums. I passed so still don't know what it tastes like. I guess I really don't need it but it sounds yummy. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

mtc, I was just in that same Aldi 2-3 days earlier but didn't see this cookie butter until yesterday (and it was right next to something I was looking for more of), so I imagine the stores are just now starting to get it in. 

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for those chicken tamales - they sound wonderful.  I agree - you never know what you'll find at Aldi!  I picked up a Friendly's "Wattamelon Roll" - It's watermelon sherbet with a "rind" of lime sherbet and chocolate chip "seeds."  Pretty darned good!