Esteemed Contributor

I am so ready to watch the show tonight.  They are running the shows all day today but I won't start watching until around 6:00 P.M.  I'm just thankful Glenn found his way back but oh, things look so bad.   There have been so many times that I wonder how they will survive and they always do. 

Is it in March they come back?  I know tonight they are going to leave us biting our fingernails.  My daughter doesn't understand why I watch the show, gee, how could I not watch it?  Okay everyone, enjoy the show tonight.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead Tonight

Looking forward to this mid-season closer.  Unfortunately, since our AMC channel changed to Pacific Feed, I won't be able to watch until Monday.   I sure miss having WD & TD air at 6pm and 7pm!  

Sounds like, from things I've heard/read around, it's going to be a spectacular ending for the mid-season.

Esteemed Contributor

chickenbutt...Not until Monday?  How unfair is that?  Sorry you have to wait and  if you don't want to know before Monday don't click on TV and Movies.  I have no doubt they will have a spectacular ending if last weeks show was an indication of things to come.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know, I hate it! Smiley Sad

I had a whole system before, as this is one of the shows that I liked to watch same night.   It started at 6pm, with Talking Dead at 7pm.  About 7:30 I'd start watching Walking Dead, followed immediately by TD (I love to watch them together for the contrast and because it's all fresh in my feeble mind) and I'd be finished with both shows around 9pm.

But now that they air here at 9pm and 10pm (or actually 11 right now for TD because of a new show), it's just too late for me.  I have a pretty short window for trying to get some sleep so I go to bed around 10:45.  Often the last shows I watch I'm falling asleep a lot so I orchestrate that accordingly.  Something like this I would not only not want to miss anything and keep having to start over, but it's too high energy for me to watch that late.

Yeah, I have to have a lot of rules for myself. hehe

Anyway, I do miss watching both shows on Sunday and I am careful to not be spoiled.  Sometimes I'll read the thread at another board where I discuss tv a lot, but usually only in the middle of a season where nothing major is going down.

Esteemed Contributor

chickenbutt...When they started Into The Badlands it threw everything off schedule.  The Talking Dead didn't come until I think 11:00 P.M.   Of course since I am retired I don't have to worry about what time I go to bed but even so I didn't appreciate the schedule change.  What is the reason they don't broadcast the show on Sunday nights?  Are you on the east coast? 

I'm originally from New York and moved to California in 1965, lived there for forty years and nine years ago we moved to Arizona.  I am still regretting that move and I live with the saying "You can't go home again" everyday.    Anyway, enjoy the show and post comments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, it DOES broadcast on Sunday nights still.  Just 3 hours later than when our AMC channel was East Coast feed.  So, on Monday when I can watch earlier in the evening, the shows are sitting there waiting for me.

It's just too late for me to watch the two shows so I wait until Monday to watch them.

I love many parts of California!  I'm in N. NV, but was born & raised in CA - all over the state.   We are on Pacific time.

Unfortunately, my cable company has been systematically changing most of the cable channels to Pacific feed so it really bunches shows up during the 8-11 time period.  Before, when a lot of them were east coast feed, the prime time shows began at 5 on some of them and it spread them out nicely so my Tivos weren't overwhelmed on the busy nights.

The good thing is that the Premium channels have BOTH pacific and east coast feed channels so I am able to get everything in on busy nights like Sundays are during the prime season times of year.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, now I understand.  When we first arrived in CA we lived in Pacific Palisades, loved it there.  Had to move to Northridge in the San Fernando Valley a year later because the company opened a new facility.  Anyway, I miss CA terribly and at times I forget I am orignally from NY, CA seems like home to me.

I am so looking forward to tonight's show.  Tried to insert a emoticon, it didn't work.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

chickenbutt...I must have had a senior moment, don't know how I came up with Pacific Palisades.  We lived in Palos Verdes Peninsula. LOL

Valued Contributor

Can hardly wait to see what is going to happen. Love this show. I also like Into the Badlands and that looks like a good one tonight also. Of course it will never take over my WD. I wonder if it will be on earlier when WD is on hiatus. Hard for this ole lady to stay up. Yes I do have on demand the next day but like to see it when its on. We shall see very soon. I am west coast and cable so have to wait until 9.