Honored Contributor

RE: Christmas Shows

[ Edited ]

no message

Honored Contributor

Don't know what you are talking about. I do think the ones on the Hallmark channel are just awful.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I removed a question, since I found an answer for now. But thank you.

Honored Contributor

not sure what this thread was initially about, but if any of you get GET  TV they are replaying some old variety christmas shows......perry como, andy williiams, bing crosby, judy garland, and more. i loved watching these types of shows growing up. i think the nostalgia channels are doing a good job of bringing back some of the holiday shows from a long time ago.....but never forgotten.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: RE: Christmas Shows

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Just so you'll know for the future, you can delete the entire post.  Just click on the three dots at the top right of the thread and click "delete."

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Just so you'll know for the future, you can delete the entire post.  Just click on the three dots at the top right of the thread and click "delete."

@NickNack, thanks, I didn't know that.

Honored Contributor

I didn't initially respond to this thread because I didn't know the direction of the thread.  Still don't, lol, but I will say what someone else has said:  Hallmark's Christmas lineup is terrible.  Repeats, repeats and repeats.  One of it's channels (I have two) showed that yuletide log burning with music all day on Thanksgiving Day.  I only reason I check out Hallmark is because everything else is violent.  It would have been better if they had waited until the day after Thanksgiving to start the Xmas lineup.  I believe it's been running a month already.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I watch them every now and then.  My friend lives for the Hallmark channel at Christmas!

My problem with ALL of these shows is there aren't enough people of color (is that how you say it?).  I just believe we need to see more colors on TV (that's pretty plain).  Ha!

Watch them and you'll notice they are all white people, no ethnicity at all.

I'd love to see some shows on some of the little and similar ways, say, Asians celebrate their version of Christmas, the similarities and the differences.  There are African American families who also incorporate some of the little nuisances passed down in their families.

Come on!  Would other people like to see everyone represented in these Christmas stories?

Different but a little similar:  I was watching the show about ancestry and (I believe it was Viola Davis) was featured.  She found the plot of land where many, many years ago her family lived.  She got out of the car and poured water and walked with her bare feet on it.  I forget what she said but she said her family (being African American used to do that) and it was passed down over the years.  I think that's fascinating.  A ritual from a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

I noticed that, too, @annabellethecat.  Not in a starring role anyway.  Actually, the same people are in most of them.  Two that come to mind are Lori McDougal and Candace Cameron.  Candace was in one last night that I went to sleep on.  I don't recall any Asians, Mexican Americans, African Americans....none.  Diversity would be good.

We all celebrate Christmas unless it's against your religion.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

If anyone has UP tv, they have a series called Married for Christmas I think it was and now a new one coming up called a Baby for Christmas.  They are stories of people of color and it was kind of cute.  I saw the first one last year because my sister is in it, briefly, as a crazy florist.  I think the second one is scheduled to air 12/13 and the first movie is available on Netflix.