Trusted Contributor

Tone it down about your family members. It's become very old. We all have family too. We really do. Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Jane shows a lot of love and enthusiasm for her family and her job.  It shows.  That's what makes her so endearing. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Tone it down about your family members. It's become very old. We all have family too. We really do. Thanks. 

Can't you say something nice?

Regular Contributor

I both agree and disagree with the OP. I love it when people talk about their family I really do. But I guess when it is in a setting such as this too much of it can be overwhelming. It is probably the same way if you were in an office and every single day the person you worked closely with constantly talked about their family but in the "my kids are better than yours" attitude. That is probably what annoys...  

Love you still Jane!!! 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever heard Jane talk about her family in a way that says "my kids are better than yours".  I think she just loves her family, loves her job and has a lot of enthusiasm for life.  I can think of worse things!

Honored Contributor

This thread is not long for this world, but I don't think any body minds that Jane talks about her family, it's when she starts to sound pretentious that's annoying. Of course you won't mind though if your brother is in the musical arts in Canada and runs marathons and your daughter is a ballerina and gets everything she tries out for and on and on.

Respected Contributor

@LoriMI wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Can't you say something nic

Why must everything be nice? Every opinion can't be nice. I see nothing not-nice about this post. Jane does talk about her family way too much...in my opinion. So instead of hearing  about ballet,Charleston,Ireland ,daugters,sister,etc all the time, just tAlk about the items and throw in an occasional anecdote.  That's not unkind,it's just a viewers suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane isn't the only host who makes multiple references to family.  It's not fair to single her out.

Respected Contributor

I think QVC encourages their hosts to talk about personal stuff because it makes them seem friendlier to the viewers.  If you know about their lives you can relate a little, they want you to think of them as "friends".  That's the purpose of FaceBook too.  However, some hosts over do it somewhat.

Super Contributor

Jane has always spoken a lot about her family.  It's her personal sales approach.  The person who evaluates the hosts' performance must agree with her approach, or she would have been asked to change long ago.

Not everyone responds to the same sales tactics.  Some may be turned off by Rick's dynamic, seemingly over the top approach, while others may dislike Kerstin's faith-based approach or Shawn's "no filter," tell it like it is approach.  They try to appeal to their wide variety of viewers.