Honored Contributor

HOW DO I REMOVE "BEST ANSWER" ??

This is a stupid  (and uselesss)  feature, and if anyone knows how to remove it from a thread I started, I would REALLY appreciate knowing how to do this.

TIA !!

Honored Contributor

Re: HOW DO I REMOVE "BEST ANSWER" ??

@Tinkrbl44

ITA but I'll bet we would do best to mention it on the suggestion thread (glad it is here tho)

i think it is an irritating box, easy to check without meaning to and it is useless, as far as I can tell.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: HOW DO I REMOVE "BEST ANSWER" ??

@Tinkrbl44 and @LTT1, I agree with both you about the "Best Answer" option. I find it annoying and sort of intrusive because there's a sense that I'm being told where to place my attention. Of course, that's just how it feels to me...

Tinkrbl44, I wasn't sure if you were asking how to revoke a "Best Answer" choice that you had inadvertently selected in one of your threads (it's easy to do this by accident). 

If that's the case then all you have to do is click on the "bread crumbs" in the top right hand corner of the post and click on the option to revoke your "Best Answer" choice.

FYI, there's also an option there which allows you to "revoke a heart", in case you "hearted" a post by accident. I use that option on occasion because my motto is to heart early and often. I tend to heart a post as I'm reading it, and sometimes about halfway through the post I'll realize that the post is going in a direction that I didn't expect... so I take back my heart... it's nothing personal, just a divergence of opinion. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy