First Easy Payment Refunded? Will it be Canceled?

Okay so I just purchsed an Xbox one on easy pay and the payment went through and everything, but a few days later I guess it must have went back into my account because I saw the full exact amount in there again. Not knowing this at first I spent what I had from the refund and just now realized that it was from them because I calculated all of my expenses in my account. Will they cancel my order or will try they try and overdraft my account because of this. Also, it was not shipped yet. 

Honored Contributor

Re: First Easy Payment Refunded? Will it be Canceled?

I have no idea. I would call customer service and ask them about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sshea004 wrote:

Okay so I just purchsed an Xbox one on easy pay and the payment went through and everything, but a few days later I guess it must have went back into my account because I saw the full exact amount in there again. Not knowing this at first I spent what I had from the refund and just now realized that it was from them because I calculated all of my expenses in my account. Will they cancel my order or will try they try and overdraft my account because of this. Also, it was not shipped yet. 

I'm not entirely sure, but I think QVC doesn't withdraw the payment until your item is ready to ship. Your item has not been shipped yet. 

If I were you, I would call CS right away and see what happened. Good luck - I hope you can get it straightened out! 

Honored Contributor

I would be talking with CS; in fact, I would have done that before coming here.

Also, although I know lots of people like debit cards, here's a really good time to be paying on a credit card instead.  There's almost always time to work these things out without any overdrafts. 

Trusted Contributor

When you place an order, QVC authorizes the charge, and your bank holds the funds.  The actual charge goes through when the order ships.  In most cases, if the order does not ship within a few days, the hold will expire, so the funds do become available in your account again. 

When the charge does go through at shipping, this could result in an overdrafted account if the money is not there, so you may wish to contact customer service to see about cancelling the order.

Many people are unfamiliar with how debit and credit cards work and should study up on the sbuejct.  Not only do online and mail order retailers authorize money in this manner, but may gas stations and restaurants also place holds on money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

When you place an order, QVC authorizes the charge, and your bank holds the funds.  The actual charge goes through when the order ships.  In most cases, if the order does not ship within a few days, the hold will expire, so the funds do become available in your account again. 

When the charge does go through at shipping, this could result in an overdrafted account if the money is not there, so you may wish to contact customer service to see about cancelling the order.

Many people are unfamiliar with how debit and credit cards work and should study up on the sbuejct.  Not only do online and mail order retailers authorize money in this manner, but may gas stations and restaurants also place holds on money.

KY Toby is correct. When you placed the order, the first payment was just put on hold by your bank to make sure you had the funds in your account. Since the order did not ship right away, the hold was dropped. Once the item ships, the amount will be deducted from your bank account. If the funds are not avaialable in your account, you need to call CS to see about canceling the order.