Frequent Contributor

July 1 craft purchases and revies

I did not see this posted yet so thought I would start with what I purchased. I did get the today special as I think the possibilities are endless. Hopefully it works as showed. Got the auto ship but really not sure I would need all of tips. Of course I bought the accessories as well as I can't refuse a bargain. Purchases some hot off the press kits because I am weak when it comes to this brand. I received my 3 birds girly stamps I have on auto delivery and they are adorable and work great. I received my scrap rack addition and more pages. Really love this system. Still haven't finished but it is almost done. I am surprised at how organized it is. Got the 3 bird quilling set that was on clearance and love it. Who knew rolling paper could be so creative. Loved this so much had some friends over for a quilling night. I also received the spellbinders clearance stamp and ink set. Stamps are very basic but very useable. The ink stamp spray cleaner and ink pad alone were an added bonus for 10.00. I did order two fiskar sets of tag punches which make a hole and sets an eyelet all in one punch. Waiting for those. I got the candle making kit on clearance and has everything you need in one box. Easy enough for the grandchildren when they come to craft day at Nana's. For the first time since Anna has been on HSN I did not purchase one thing. Spent way to much but most if what I purchases was on sale or clearance. Infant to support the craft shows they continue. Although I like the craft shows don't think they compare to the old days of the Q's craft days.
Frequent Contributor

Re: July 1 craft purchases and revies

In re-reading my post I see that my iPad has substituted words it thinks I am typing therefore some of my message has some words that make no sense. I apologize in advance for my iPad thinking it knows what I want to say.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting!  I'm glad you're loving your items.  I didn't know what quilling was.... now I want the set and tool.  Am also curious about  the Hot Off The Press stamp kit.  Interesting.  I don't scrapbook, so was able to resist the Today's Special, even though I could see other applications.  I just didn't like the look of the line thruogh the decorative pieces they fused on to cards.  

I really want the Cricut Explore Air, or maybe the Silhouette Cameo.  Do you have either of these and any insights on them that you could share?

Respected Contributor

Wow, Janet, you found some great items.  I admit that I stick to the Anna Griffin items for the most part which helps me stay on budget...sort of...Smiley Embarassed  My hard drive crashed a while back, so my home office/crafting space has been in upheaval because I had to move everything to access the tower.  Someday, I hope to get everything back together and return to crafting, which is mostly cardmaking for me.

I ordered some of the AG adhesive and the metallic layers.  She really didn't have much that was new, but I think that was because she had just been on.

I, too, miss the days of crafting on QVC, especially the K&Company items.  I loved so many of their designers' collections.

Thanks for starting the post.  I hope others will chime in with their purchases.

Honored Contributor

I, too, ordered the AG adhesives and metallic layers.  Also ordered the Crafte's Companion edge dies.  Oh, and I ordered a few rolls of foils for the Minc. I'm enjoying the Minc and wanted to add colors.  Nothing has arrived yet, though I believe the metallic layers are extended delivery.

Honored Contributor

Janet, Did you know you can now make paragraphs with your iPad? It makes reading a long post much easier on the eyes.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I will try the indent for easier reading.
Valued Contributor

Hi all, I posted my purchase list on the other thread, but will repost here Cat Happy   I purchased the following items:

430-681 Anna Griffin Engraved Endearments Pop Up Card Kit

429-912 PLUS 10-Piece Glue Tape Adhesive Bundle

410-325 3Birds Pearlescent & Foil Goodie Box

435-626 Totally Tiffany ScrapRack

427-476 Crafters Companion 12-Piece Rock a Blocks & Rubber Stamp Kit

I will definitely give my reviews here.  All of my items have shipped (most of them shipped yesterday) so I probably will get them at the end of the week or beginning of next week.  I'm really hoping the Rock a Blocks work as well as advertised because I would like to stamp more. I seem to press too hard or to little so I am hoping that by rolling with even pressure, I will get better results.  We'll see.

Janet, I am interested in the TS item, but I didn't need the extras so I am going to wait until it is available in the stores.  I am hoping we can use our own plastic bags and pieces, but we'll see.  I like that it has different tips for different looks.

Looking forward to reading everyone's reviews, they really are helpful Cat Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Mewsmomtoo - From what Suzanne Runyan said you can use that fuse tool on most plastics. She did show some candy bags she made from plastic packaging from something she recieved. So it will work on most plastic. I am hoping that is works on the wilton candy and pretzel bags. I make a lot of home baked goodies and like to deocrate them but I end upy stapling the bag. I think if the fuse works and seals the bags all the better. That is the main reason I purchased it. Of course I could have waited for it to be in the stores but I am weak for any crafting today special.

I won't have time to play with my items until I get back from visiting relatives. However I hope to hear how you like your products. The have shippied so hopefully I get them before I have to leave.

I have the rocker stamps and like the rocking method. Takes some getting used to however. I have always been told don't roll the stamps and that is basically what you are doing with the rocker method.

The scraprack is awesome. I have added an extra base as I have way to many scrapping and card making items. I don't separate my Anna kits unless the cards are gone and all I have left is the embellishments. I then put them in the scrap rack. One suggestion I have for the scrap rack is don't overload the spindles and use the divider tabs. They keep everything in place.

Enjoy your items!

Valued Contributor

Thanks JanetM, the rockers are always demo'd with the hard rubber stamps so I wondered how they would work with the softer clear stamps. I am going to try always standing when I stamp too. Re the ScrapRack, I think your advice is right on. I have been reading comments & watching her videos & they are
very helpful, if just a bit long :-)

My PLUS glue just came today (they were shipped immediately) & I am going to try them tonight when I make some cards (if I can reach the package, I managed to put it in a place where it fell into a difficult area to reach :-)

Hope you have fun visiting the relatives. Fortunately I like most of mine! :-D