Contributor

I have been using Isomers serums and basically any moisturizer I have (trying to use them up) but want to stick with one brand to, hopefully cut costs and consolidate my routine to something more simple.  I'm 61 years old, have dry skin, some sagging, some wrinkles.  Which line would you say would help me the most?  Thanks ladies!

Trusted Contributor

I'm 62 with dry skin...........I've never tried Philosophy, but love Isomers and have been using it for several years.  However I don't use Isomers exclusively, as the best moisturizer for my skin, I've found to be the M.Asam Day and Night Cream that is sold on HSN.  I mainly use Isomers serums.

Honored Contributor

Everyone is different so no one can really say what would be good for you or your skin.  They can only tell you what's worked for them.  I can tell you, though, that I tried the full line Philosphy route several years ago, thinking I was doing something right, and it messed up my skin causing congested pores and milia that took a long time to correct.  Getting off those products was my first step in the right direction.  I use a mix of Skinn and Isomers products these days and have cherry picked a couple others.  If you're dead set on staying with a specific line, I'd say Skinn or Isomers because I like them, but that doesn't really mean anything to you since we might have entirely different skin types or how much time we want to invest in our routines.  IMO, you should find what you like based on what works for you rather than making yourself stick with a specific line across the board.

Honored Contributor

Read the ingredient deck on any bottle of Philosophy and see if you're still interested.

I know that Purity contains every single item the rest of the Q's vendors omit and use said omission as part of their sales pitches!

Esteemed Contributor

Philosophy gave me skin tags, milia and dry skin.

I would definitely go with Isomers.

Even Christina Carlino got angry skin with her own brand.  That speaks volumes.

After realizing what was causing my problems I used the rest of my Purity to clean the tub and it worked really well.  Shamefully I donated the rest to Goodwill.

Hopefull those people are ok.

Got my great skin back thanks to Isomers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy or Isomers?

[ Edited ]

I used Philosophy Purity cleanser until the brand was sold.

After that no more. The product changed and not in a good way.

As someone else mentioned, considering active ingredient decks there is NO comparison. 

IMO ~ Isomers leads Philosophy in research and innovation hands down.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

So funny you mention MAsam.  I have the day/night cream in my "stash" and haven't opened it yet - until tonight.  I'm going to open it.  Thanks for the response.  Sometimes I (we) get so overwhelmed with product there seems to be a merry-go-round in the bathroom!

Honored Contributor

The M. Asam Vino Gold Day & Night Cream is very nice.  So is the Vino Gold Neck and Decollete Cream.

Honored Contributor

i am impressed with Phil WHINE, but that is about it for the entire skin care line. Have you tried Skinn or Dr Denese??

Contributor

I actually tried the MAsam Vino Gold but couldn't handle the fragrance and had to send it back.  Very sensitive skin so I try and stick to unscented as much as possible but thank you anyway!