Regular Contributor

I shop online alot. I purchase from HSN, Bobbi Brown, Amazon - just to name a few. I cannot believe how slow QVC processes returns and issues refunds - it is a disgrace.

Other retailers issue refunds with 5 days. A shopper can wait 2-3 weeks for a QVC refund! Ironically, when I make a purchase it is charged to my card before I hang up! Instead of QVC working on the format of these boards (which was perfectly fine before) - they need to work on issues that matter to the consumer.

Honored Contributor

I just wish HSN would work more on the quality of what they sell, so returns weren't necessary so often.

I think they may be better than they used to be, but they lost me years ago and now I am trying to buy less and less everywhere, so I just don't care how easy they make returns.  Give me good items to begin with and I'll be happier.  But for now, what they sell holds no interest for me  -  I don't know who their target buyers are, but I know they don't sell a thing ythat would make my life better.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has been a bit faster on the few returns I have had in the last few months.  No-one beats HSN in getting packages to me or processing returns.  Evine has been the slowest with returns lately for me.

I find so much more to buy from HSN than just about any other place else lately. From some cute clothing items (moto jackets and boyfriend jeans) to not run of the mill beauty items and some fun cooking products, they get more of my business than anyone else lately.

Guess that is why they say "variety is the spice of life" - would be such a bore otherwise!

Esteemed Contributor

I think that it it just part of their plan to discourage returns........make it expensive and take a long time......

Occasional Contributor

QVC retuns are extremely slow! they need to get much better with this, it takes much to long for them to credit your return!

Super Contributor

For me it completely varies, sometimes they'll receive my return, process it right away and I'll have the refund right away.  Other times it takes weeks.  This is for both QVC and HSN.  Sometimes using the return label helps speed it up, but not always.  I just returned something by regular mail to HSN, dropped it in the mail box at the post office Thurs 7/2/15 after 5pm, and Monday it was already received and processed.  Like I said, it completely varies. 

I think the slowest on returns is Sephora, they ship quick, and offer free returns, but it takes easily 2 - 4 weeks for a return to process.  Sometimes I'll just go to Sephora if I'm trying to have the refund post to my card sooner than a month.

Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is "Why"; "Why" does it take so long? Perfect example:

On 7/2, I took 3 packages to the Post Office; one for HSN, the other two for QVC. All were the same size, all had the pre-printed return label attatched and all were checked in to the PO at the same time (shows on my receipt).

The QVC boxes were going 50 mintues away over the boarder to PA; the HSN box was going to TN. As of 7/6, HSN has placed the return cost back on my credit card. QVC? I can't even find out where the boxes are as nothing has been updated.

QVC CS when asked why no update: It's the PO's fault. Oh really? Then why did HSN have all the info updated from Day 1? Same PO.

I just got snarky attitude after I said that.

I'm using QVC less and less. HSN has far more of what I want, the look/style I prefer and shipping either way is fast.

As of today, STILL no clue where the QVC packages are and I'll bet that I will have to call in 14 days and request a refund (that's what has happened every time for the past year). Poor way to run a business when there are so many other places that do it right.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what anyone else's experience is, but I've found that using the QVC pre-printed return label takes FOREVER !!

Whenever I send something back, I always track the item daily to see where it is .....  and those with pre-printed labels can take TEN DAYS to get back to QVC from Los Angeles!

I have since stopped buying anything but smaller items  (usually only beauty or jewelry)  because I can send those back first class postage in a padded envelope .....  and when it arrives it only takes about 4 days to process.

Anyone else here give up on the QVC return labels?

Occasional Contributor

I agree, I am also in Los Angeles and returns to QVC are taking almost 3 weeks. It takes over 2 weeks for QVC to get the return, then they issue a refund that takes another 5 days to process. Have been using the QVC return label, but, am going to try sending it myself without one. Customer Service is worthless and admits the return packages will sit in one spot forever before moving on to QVC. While I may live on the West Coast, I think I deserve the same level of service as those living on the East Coast..call me crazy...

Esteemed Contributor

Makes me wonder what happens if someone wants to return a LARGE item...like a mattress or Lazy boy chair..