Frequent Contributor

Re: What's up with Bare Minerals and the Q?

I've only been with Bare Minerals since 2012 and QVC since 2013. I feel cheated. This year particularly. There were very few BareMinerals shows on in 2016, fewer than 2015 and DEFINITELY fewer than 2014. I love their products, and have learned a ton from watching Q for beauty. I feel like stupid It Cosmetics is on ALL THE TIME, WITH THE SAME ITEMS. I hate hearing Jamie, a very nice lady, say "Oh this product is just so special..."

I'm hoping there was not a lot of new products debuted in 2016 because the company was changing over, but I don't know. No holiday TSV was crushing.

Regular Contributor

I've been missing BM too!  I long for the days when Leslie was on and they had such great kits.  It seems like those days are long gone.  I shouldn't talk because I have A TON of BM eye shadows, blushes, etc but you know I always watched because just in case I "needed" something! LOL.   That being said I haven't bought any of the pressed minerals but I have bought basics, i.e. foundation and mineral veil.  I hope to see more BM soon!

Honored Contributor

@Dorothy11 wrote:

Back when there were a lot of BM shows on Q, and Leslie owned the company, there were very few other places you could purchase BM, so people shopped here. Now they have their own stores and products are sold at Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, and many more stores and websites. Why would people shop for BM here when the same products are available with free shipping, coupons, deals and bonus points at so many other retailers?

@Dorothy11  Because even with the S&H charges - which were more than $3 back then - you couldn't be the prices on the kits made for QVC and esp. the TSVs.  Oh how I loved the holiday TSVs from BM! I'm still using mine.

Frequent Contributor

Personally, I came late to the Bare Minerals party. In 2013 I saw my first holiday TSV presentation and was hooked from there by the demonstrations of makeup I had previously felt to be intimidating. I didn't even know about auto delivery or EZ pay. But I was hooked, and I've enjoyed every BareMinerals show since that time. (Many I've DVR'd and watched when I needed some girl time.)

But the number of shows has dropped to nothing over the past 12-18 months. I'm not interested in It Cosmetics. Its the same show, with the same lines every single time. Their foundation shade selection is very limited, and their pressed products can't compare to Bare Minerals Ready shadows, blushes or bronzers.

For me, a huge part of my success with this makeup has come through the on air demonstrations, which I think has to strongly influence how successful the line is in the boutiques, Ulta and Sephora. I hope enough of us complain long and loud enough to influence the number of shows for the better.

Regular Contributor

@Happymom523 wrote:

Personally, I came late to the Bare Minerals party. In 2013 I saw my first holiday TSV presentation and was hooked from there by the demonstrations of makeup I had previously felt to be intimidating. I didn't even know about auto delivery or EZ pay. But I was hooked, and I've enjoyed every BareMinerals show since that time. (Many I've DVR'd and watched when I needed some girl time.)

But the number of shows has dropped to nothing over the past 12-18 months. I'm not interested in It Cosmetics. Its the same show, with the same lines every single time. Their foundation shade selection is very limited, and their pressed products can't compare to Bare Minerals Ready shadows, blushes or bronzers.

For me, a huge part of my success with this makeup has come through the on air demonstrations, which I think has to strongly influence how successful the line is in the boutiques, Ulta and Sephora. I hope enough of us complain long and loud enough to influence the number of shows for the better.

@Happymom523- very well said!  Love my BE...ever since 2004! I got started because of a Lisa and Leslie show. (classic!) 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Happymom523 wrote:

Same. Started using around 2014 and its pretty much the only foundation I use now. My much more expensive foundations are collecting dust. Also, I pick up BE more than any other brand in my stash from eyeshadow to blush. BE always delivers and can depend on it. Guess its not a QVC darling anymore and that is a shame. Prefer it much better than any of other current popular makeup brands on QVC, especailly IT. 

Respected Contributor

I no longer care much these QVC forums. Does anyone know if there is a BM Facebook group? I know someone started a group for Susan Graver fans. TIA!

Regular Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I no longer care much these QVC forums. Does anyone know if there is a BM Facebook group? I know someone started a group for Susan Graver fans. TIA!

@TX-starlight-

You are welcome to come over to Mineral Madness dot com (no spaces). Not a Facebook group, but a great forum devoted to BM. We also talk about other makeup and life, etc. There are frequent posts and daily activity there. A very nice bunch of people!  You can view as a guest, but please sign up to post. 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Valued Contributor

There used to be a very large BE Forum here. When they updated the site it went away. Many girls would get on during the BE shows. It was fun. It was when Leslie B was still owner.

Valued Contributor

I have noticed that both Bare Minerals and Tarte shows declined when the companies were bought and the main presenters (Leslie & Maureen) stopped appearing on air.  I don't know if those changes have anything to do with the decrease in shows.  I realize that It Cosmetics has also been bought within the last year, however Jamie still seems to be a presenter although she does share that role now whereas before she didn't.