Valued Contributor

Leslie B leaving Bare Minerals as of April 15th

On Facebook Leslie posted a rap. Very creative. She is leaving Bare Minerals after 20 + yrs ( I think 22 yrs? ) She is going on to new adventures. Wouldn't it be something if she and Lisa R hooked up on some endeavor? I think Leslie is in her 50's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leslie B leaving Bare Minerals as of April 15th

I thought she sold the company and left several years ago.  Are you sure that's not an old entry?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, it's right on her Facebook.  despite her sale, she has been the face of Bare Escentuals from time to time.  that is now over.

Frequent Contributor

I saw that, too.  Does not say why she's leaving, though. 

Super Contributor

I am sure she has made enough money to live very well for the rest of her life so now she wants to enjoy it!

Valued Contributor

She sold the company but was still a part of it. I can't remember the exact title.  As of April 15, 2016 she is done forever with Bare Minerals. I think I read that she will still do something for the company that owns BE/BM now.

James from Mineral Madness posted the details yesterday.

Super Contributor

She was never the owner, a major principal stock holder, yes, but this was a publicly traded company with multiple investors involved. After the sale to Shisheido, she transitioned from CEO to Executive Chairwoman because that was part of the terms of the sale - that she stay on for a period of time - she was BE to many customers.

She's entitled to want a change  - she leaves quite a legacy in what she accomplished.

Valued Contributor

Yes, she does deserve to be happy and do what she wants to do.  I wish her the very best.

Regular Contributor

@moto  I totally agree - Leslie never owned Bare Minerals, but indeed was a stockholder. 

Trusted Contributor

I haven't considered her as an integral part of the company for years now. She was a fun personality on air, and I hope she enjoys her new adventures.