New Contributor
Hi all! I've noticed since starting to use BE original formula makeup that my face itches like crazy after my make has been on for a little bit or when my face gets a little hot and sweaty. I just started using BE again after not using for about 3 years due to the job that I had (no makeup). I'm using the primer and still my face itches. Any suggestions as to why and has anything changed in the product. What can I do? HELP!!! Thanks.
Respected Contributor

What can you do?  Stop using it.  See if your face stops itching.  IF it doesnt stop itching then you know something else is causing it.  If it stops, then send the makeup back.

New Contributor
Yes I know to stop using it! I'm asking what could be causing it and if anyone else has had this problem.
Valued Contributor

I have extremely sensitive skin and have been using BE for more than 20 years - never had a problem.

The powder has looked and felt the same, whether it was purchased years ago or several months ago.

Respected Contributor

What are you using to apply the BE? Their brushes are sort of irritating to me & with all of the buffing you do to apply it, that could be a possibility.

Honored Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

I have extremely sensitive skin and have been using BE for more than 20 years - never had a problem.

The powder has looked and felt the same, whether it was purchased years ago or several months ago.

Same here! After leaving BE came back. No longer experience sensitve issues. Holiday Rose Gold with brush purchased. Love the brush. Natural kit and skinny dip bronzer summer bisque concealer.
Contributor

In my case, it was the bismuth oxychloride in the foundation. I simply can't use it because of the pinprick like itchiness it causes. I can use the matte version with no problems. It doesn't have the bismuth in it.

Maybe it's the primer though? I don't know if that's a new thing for you, but it's a thought.

Super Contributor

You have the classic symptom of a sensitivity to the Bismuth Oxychloride in the formula. Change to the Matte version.

Respected Contributor

@MzRitchie wrote:
Hi all! I've noticed since starting to use BE original formula makeup that my face itches like crazy after my make has been on for a little bit or when my face gets a little hot and sweaty. I just started using BE again after not using for about 3 years due to the job that I had (no makeup). I'm using the primer and still my face itches. Any suggestions as to why and has anything changed in the product. What can I do? HELP!!! Thanks.

@MzRitchieI agree with the other poster that said it is the bismuth oxychloride.  If you switch to the matte formula, that does not have B.O. in it.  I can wear the matte formula fine.  In fact, I've worn it for years.

Contributor

I found the same thing happened to me. I switched to matte and that works fine. Also the brushes they give you in the kits are what caused 99% of my problem. I can use the original in the colder months with no prob. I use the " Sam & Nick Chapman" face brushes from Ulta. Hope this helps you. There are a few YouTube videos also that give good tips.