Valued Contributor

Re: Excited about new BM TSV in May!

I agree with @BarkLessWagMore they won't allow a review, even when they spam US with an email for one, but will allow off topic posts in the beauty forum on fibromyalgia where insipid people start talking about getting addicted to pain killers!! Well I have chronic pain that I come to the Q to read in the beauty forum and not feel like my own problems with ignorant stereotypes talked about in beauty. I clicked on notify moderator but they ignore me, too. I used to come here everyday but now not so much.

Trusted Contributor

@SavvyChic wrote:

I agree with @BarkLessWagMore they won't allow a review, even when they spam US with an email for one, but will allow off topic posts in the beauty forum on fibromyalgia where insipid people start talking about getting addicted to pain killers!! Well I have chronic pain that I come to the Q to read in the beauty forum and not feel like my own problems with ignorant stereotypes talked about in beauty. I clicked on notify moderator but they ignore me, too. I used to come here everyday but now not so much.

@BarkLessWagMore I cannot believe that they deleted your helpful, thoughtful and lengthy review.  I think that she even deleted my comment that followed it regarding the shades of the all over face color as well as my review.  Very rude and unnecessary.  Nice job killing the thread (and sales)  @Eva-QVC

Respected Contributor

Can someone help me with choosing what color I need? I am fairly medium in BE Matte - should I go with Vanilla? I'm not sure which one to go with but I dont' want to go to dark or the Veil will be darker too!

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirlVanilla is neutral but Fairly Medium is cool.  Can you go a little more neutral?  If you order Opal, Vanilla or Buttercream you will get the "light" mineral veil so I think you should be ok on the mineral veil.  Opal looks more cool, but it's also more fair... Vanilla is described as "light skin- neutral undertone" and Opal is "fair skin, cool undertone". 

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022  I am for sure not super fair, I have more pinks in my skin, my skin even on my arms and such are more of the reddish not so much yellow if that makes sense?

Since Opal was the VERY lightest they offer I figured that would be to light for me since I am for sure not sure fair (like red head fair skin) - I wish I could get to an Ulta store or somewhere to sample but it's not going to happen... decisions, decisions!

Contributor

@SandGirl, I am light-medium (on the lighter side w/ pink tone).  I usually go neutral b/c cool makes me look too pink.  I was contemplating between Vanilla (light neutral) and Natural (Medium neutral). I tried them out in a store first and I'm glad I did.  the Vanilla was way too light, almost white.  The Natural was perfect.  I did preorder the TSV.  While the Mineral Veil and All-Over powders do have color too them, they went on sheer and complemented the Complexion Rescue well.

Respected Contributor

@pbkong  (does that stand for Peanut Butter Kong?)  I LOVE IT!!!! My two labs LOVE PB KONGS  Smiley Happy

Thank you so much, maybe I will go with natural,now that you said this.  Can you tell me about the all over face color? I currently use BE Faux Tan POWDER, so I'm wondering if I would even need that  and I can tell I won't like the eye color so I am ALMOST thinking I should just order the Natural from the BE store which has the BB and Brush for 38.00 right now rather than getting the TSV and having items I'm not going to use.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl - I'm not a Bare Minerals expert by any means. I haven't been wearing it long like the others, but I LOVE Complexion Rescue! It has replaced Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer as my "barely there" and summer foundation. I'm light, I usually wear the second shade down from the lightest in any makeup line, and my complexion is warm. I was matched to Vanilla, first at Sephora, then at a regular Bare Minerals store. When the SA tested the Buttercream on me, it looked really yellow. The Opal was almost white on me. This one blended in. That's what I got, and it's perfect! It sounds like you might have a cool complexion, but this one might match you too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Thank you so much!! So, I got confused with your post, the one that you got was Vanilla or Buttercream? Sounds like we are about the same colors - I appreciate your post, can you just confirm which one worked for you before I place my order?  Hope you have a beautiful Saturday  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@beach-mom  Thank you so much!! So, I got confused with your post, the one that you got was Vanilla or Buttercream? Sounds like we are about the same colors - I appreciate your post, can you just confirm which one worked for you before I place my order?  Hope you have a beautiful Saturday  Smiley Happy

@SandGirl - I did get the Vanilla, and I love it. I'm probably going to get the TSV coming up. You have a great day too! Smiley Happy