Super Contributor

~ uh-oh .... really overdid it this weekend ~

My son came to visit me this weekend (to get me down off the ceiling as I've been having some financial problems). We did all sorts of things from eating out, hiking up parking decks and down again (I'm afraid of elevators), going to Pet Smart, Bed Bath and Beyond and our local Mall. We were everywhere and I did more walking than I think I've done totally since I had my TKR done.

Well, when I got up yesterday, my knee was very stiff and hurt - in the back and down the calf and the right side of the knee where I understand he had to take the most natural bone off. I had P.T. yesterday and told my therapist about it and she asked if I was wearing good supporting shoes (I have a pair of asics with orthotics that I put in them). I sheepishly said "no, I wore sandals all weekend." She said you just can't do that for long periods of time .... you need to wear good solid shoes with your orthotics when you're going to do a lot of walking. All she had me do yesterday was the recumbant bike, and then she massaged it, and did the heat and the TENS unit. It's still bothering me today, so she told me to take the rest of the week off, do my usual routine and come in Monday.

I hate the thought of wearing those shoes all the time - I'm such a sandal person, but I guess for a lot of walking that's the way it's gotta' be. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Live and learn.

abby