Respected Contributor

Just bought some hebal tea called Smooth Move for mild constipation.  The senna is the ingredient that is the stimulent I believe. Anyone try this?  Is it safe to use?

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was terrible stuff.  "Oh no!  Not again!" and painful.

And I don't believe it is considered to be very "safe".

Honored Contributor

I used this tea during my chemo treatment a few times and I was very pleased with how it helped me out. It tastes like licorice which I like, alot of folks don't, but I brewed it up and then drank it cold. I did it at night and by the next a.m. was feeling much better. I tried about 3 OTC things that said they could take up to 3 days to work, were so expensive and did not work at all for me. Just read the directions on the box. Nothing in it interfered with any of my chemo at all.

Esteemed Contributor

After a bout of diverticulitis they gave me Senokot to take every night.  It is senna in a pill, not the tea.  It worked well.

Frequent Contributor

I have used "Smooth Move" tea on occasion for years. It works and is palatable.

The company Traditional Medicinals has a lot of wonderful herbal blended teas, I esp like their products for colds, sore throat, digestion and Nettle for menopausal issues.

Honored Contributor

Smooth Move is harmless and effective.

Trusted Contributor

OTC Senna used as a supplement for rare constipation, postoperative, for example, is the standard of care.

I cannot imagine that Senna tea would be harmful but it's best to check with your Internist before starting any supplement.

dee